Dilvish the Deliverer

Dungeon of the Mad Mage

"Finn, get up here! Yer better at checking for traps and such than I. I'll be with ye if anything nasty appears." Dorn will then use his divine sense.

Finn hops on Dorns shoulders as he wades into the muck. As the two approach the purple statue Finn takes a look for traps or any other weird things. 

Perception 1d20=15+5=20

Looking at the statue, the head appears to to be partially screwed onto the neck (you can see a few exposed threads.  The purple light casts weird shadows on the water making it difficult to see under the surface, but you think there is something beneath the surface behind the statue.

I will keep my feet out of the water...for now, but I will keep a eye on the statue & the room.

Perception 16 (no mods)

"Um there is something underwater back there." Finn says trying to get a better look at it to see if it's moving. 

If moving he relays this info and says "Get us out of here Dorn!"

If not moving he says "Dorn lift me up by the head, it looks like it screws off." And then he'll examine it for traps before unscrewing it.

Perception on in water thing 1+5=6

Perception check for traps 16+5=21

It's hard to tell if it's moving, you are not sure.  It down't seem to be getting any closer.  The pair of you are with 10ft of the statue.  For you to rach it, Dorn needs to move 5ft loser to it...and whatever is behind it.

Yah Neph' will ready a eldritch blast as well. He'll keep his eyes on the water.