Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane's Castle Triskelion PbP

Anthryll will ready his bow.

Roll is a 14.

• Like 1

(d20=15, good thing Gayle is smarter than your average paladin ;))

As the group draws close enough, Gayle silently gazes up at the golden humanoid for a few moments, shield raised as a precaution, the other hand at her sword's hilt. She then shakes her head slightly, and says in the direction of the humanoid as she unsheathes the weapon, "Why, then, would I think I shan't be forced to do exactly as you ask if I were so unwise as to release you?"

(Since everyone made their INT roll) You notice the taunt greyish skin through the once fine rags the humanoid is wearing. The thinning almost non-existent hair on it face and head.  The deep set unnatural eyes burning with hunger. He hangs limply against the chains holding him above the door. You also notice the symbol of a femur bone has been carved into his forehead.
“Please release me, I yearn for food. I bet you have something I can eat. If nothing else release me and I will not bother you.”

• Like 1

"Weather's getting worse chaps. Whatever we're to do we'd best do it fastly. If we're to release this thing, and I vote no, we'd best do it and scurry inside. If nothing else we'll need the cover."

Recognizing the symbol, Gayle lowers her head for a few moments, then looks back up, asking, "What exactly are you? Not that it matters, really. I think you know I cannot release you. I must not risk it; sooner or later, you would be overcome by your apparent unholy nature."

She looks down again, sighs, and raises her sword slightly as she continues, "I do recognize you were apparently left here as torment, perhaps for having been a better man in life than whoever did this to you. So while I cannot do more, if you will accept it, I would offer you final mercy."

“My name is Armand Triskelion. I could be a valuable guide in your delve into the Castle, just let me go and I could guide you.”  He looks at Juriel and says, “ What a pretty little trinket you have there, maybe you should come up here, so I can get a closer look.”, smiling wickedly.

Your view of Armand is quickly becoming obscured by snow. The wind is knifing it’s way through your clothes/armor. 

Gayle lowered both her sword and head, shaking the latter slightly. Leaving Armand would be lacking in compassion, slaying him while shackled would be lacking in honor, and freeing him would be lacking in wisdom, given how dangerous a revenant sill possessed by high intelligence might be. She didn't even have a right choice here, did she?

The creature had presumably survived more than one storm, so it would last another. Showing a lack of compassion now was the only one of her disagreeable options that she might later return to try and make amends for. "Kassandra forgive me", she muttered to herself, then said aloud, "Rolf's right. Let us find shelter. We can still deal with this one once the weather clears up, but only if we haven't frozen to death." With that, she started off toward the gate.

"If it needs to be put down I'll do it. It might not be the right choice, but leaving it here doesn't seem exactly right either. I'll go with the party consensus, but if it needs doing I'll take the hit."

Gayle glances at Rolf, then looks at Juriel and says, quite audibly, "Evil. Marked, if I am not mistaken, with the ghoul queen's unholy symbol. Undead, I have no doubt." She again turns to Rolf. "The last expedition turned back at the gates. I'll wager that", she points toward the creature, "is what dissuaded them from further exploration. Which, come to think about it, is some cause for concern. Surely they would already have tried to end him."

Apparently Anthryll got lost on the way up to the castle...........

Seeing & hearing the creature, he says.

"You want release?" 

as he points a arrow at him from a distance.

"I have no qualms about releasing this arrow."

"What matters await us in the keep, in that we would need a vile creature such as yourself to guide us around?"