TGP

Getting to Know You :: December 2018 Edition

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Question, Dec. 15th & 16th: What funny thing has happened this weekend, in your life?

A friend of mine played Santa at the pet store to help raise money for a cat rescue, and a cat farted on her. Also, M:tG Commander shenanigans.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

A friend came over and started telling puns. ( Also he helped DH remove heavy unwanted things from the house and take them to the charity store. )

It's not really been a fun week. I was very ill, a friend is sick, one has cancer, and one is dying. Not a lot of funny happening right now.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

On 12/15/2018 at 5:31 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, Dec. 15th & 16th: What funny thing has happened this weekend, in your life?

I was feeling pretty icky when we went to the store (there were sooooo many people x.x), so hubby was exaggerating his walk, walking very silly, and just generally being absurd. All to make me laugh. It worked very well. 

It's much more funny to watch than to tell about.

• Like 10

Fun thing at Church today, the kids were doing a Christmas Pageant and our Assistant Pastor's son who is about 2 1/2, decided to take his donkey hat off, wander around and finally headed to Dad! He got the hat back on and went back up! Then a really good message from our Pastor!

• Like 6

On 12/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, TGP said:

The normal stuff.

Although this morning there was like 1cm of snow and a couple of kids tried to use a sled immediately.

Girl pulling it told the girl that was on the sled, that if she would just get off, the sled might actually work.

Snow was almost gone already by that time...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

Sir Cyr and I were going to do something fun this weekend. But the sore on my eye is getting more annoying, so I went to find a walk-in doctor.... most were closed, so I'm going to find one on Tuesday. That ate up Saturday day, along with painting. 

We were going to go buy a big Christmas Orchid (we decided on a pretty houseplant to put stuff on), but then Sir Cyr stepped on his keys and opened up his foot. You'd think that here it would be stepping on a rock or a mini or a d4 that would get you.... but no. He doesn't seem to need stitches but he'll be whiny about his foot for a while (I would be too). I have pictures of the foot in case anyone likes gross pictures :;):

Tonight we're going to play games with a friend (who will be our Dog Cleric in D&D!). 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

So far it's been an uneventful weekend. I've been sick so not much seems funny currently. :down:

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Shopping for a car to replace the one that is falling apart has not been fun.

Friday night was a work party, though. There were a number of laughs there. Many of which came about while playing Codenames: Deep Undercover.

• Like 4

On 12/15/2018 at 7:31 AM, TGP said:

Unamusing world has been mostly :mellow: unamusing. The only things I can remotely claim as pets are lizards...and it’s been cold so they’re in hiding. 

They liked climbing on vertical surfaces...

486CA386-54E6-430E-957A-7372D758A1E2.thumb.jpeg.ccd91965cd0bb465962f159eb27d4dff.jpeg

...with no discernible foot holds. 

• Like 6

Question Dec. 17th: Have you tried any new paints recently? Do you have any new paints to try?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Question Dec. 17th: Have you tried any new paints recently? Do you have any new paints to try?

It seems I am always adding new colors to my treasure trove of paints. Remembering what fantastic new colors I have added is a problem...senility can be fun.

The latest thing I have tried is the FolkArt two stage rust system...I rather like the effect:

DSCN7314.thumb.JPG.b0ed063f5dac5867905b5b1eff851e8a.JPG

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question Dec. 17th: Have you tried any new pants recently? Do you have any new pants to try?

Hehehe that's how I saw it. Yes, I have gotten new maternity pants recently. They turned me blue and made me feel like a little old man with his pants pulled up to his arm pits. 

The only new paints I've gotten recently were cheap craft paints. They did the trick.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

No. Although, recently getting an airbrush means trying my old paints in new ways. It is a whole new experience.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Does getting some Warcolours technical paints in two months ago count? ::P:  Eventually I'll also pick up some more Vallejo Game Color, since they have several shades I'm more or less looking for to have in my collection.. 

Half my paint hasn't been used yet, so I'll say yes, I do have "new" (to me) paints to try out! ^_^

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now