TGP

Getting to Know You :: December 2018 Edition

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Question Dec. 19th: What game  have you spent the most time playing, ...lately, ...last-year, ...lifetime???

Lately

Warlock - Master of the Arcane ( PC Game)

Last Year

Fall of Rome ( Board Game) and Total War Rome II ( PC Game)

Lifetime

Heroes of Might and Magic III and CivilizationII , III and IV. ( PC Games), Monopoly ( Board Game)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Question Dec. 19th: What game  have you spent the most time playing, ...lately, ...last-year, ...lifetime???

Lately - Matchington Mansion - I've almost finished redecorating my dining room.

Last year - Tribez - Loved that game, until the production demands of the Frozen Rainbow quest chain got ridiculous.

Lifetime - Probably Tribez again. I never put much time into playing games until I got into app gaming a few years ago, and for at least a couple of those years I played Tribez every morning. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Minecraft, by a long shot. Well, modded minecraft. My gaming community had servers pretty much from Alpha through maybe 2 years ago. Eventually we ran out of people willing to put in the time needed to maintain a heavily modded server. I can't remember the last time I ran less than 200 mods.

Poking around new modpacks trying to find one that fits right now. Exoria is pretty nice but missing some stuff I like, StoneBlock is a bit basic but has most of the mods I like.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Lately & last year is probably Granblue Fantasy, though Xenoblade Chronicles 2 may come close this year.

Lifetime is certainly d20. 

• Like 7

On 12/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, TGP said:

Question Dec. 17th: Have you tried any new paints recently? Do you have any new paints to try?

I've been using some of the Greenstuff World Chameleons paint (super shiny!) and continuing my messing about with the INSTAR range. Their colour shift metallic range are lovely :poke:

On 12/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, TGP said:

Question Dec. 18th: How far is too far to drive-travel for a routine hobby event? (...RPG ...Wargame ...or Paint Club) What’s your range limit?

Probably about an hour, maybe longer if it was a special event.

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Tabletop wise, definitely D&D in all its myriad forms. Current one is Pathfinder 1st edition. 

On the videogame side, probably one of the many, many editions of Monster Hunter. I love those games so much I ordered 2 wyverns from the Bones 4 kickstarter so that I could paint them up as a Rathalos/Rathian pair ::D: 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Lately: nothing.::(:

Last year: toss up between D&D and FrostGrave

Lifetime:D&D

• Like 7

15 hours ago, TGP said:

Lately: replaying Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 (the old good ones::P:).

last year: D&D, Dub Wars, and a few other games.

Lifetime: Probably TES4: Oblivion.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, TGP said:

lately- Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty
last year- Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth
lifetime-Probably Skyrim

• Like 7

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Lately: Sequence

Last Year: MTG

Lifetime: AD&D

• Like 8

22 hours ago, TGP said:

We're not close enough to friends to have a lot of tabletop or board game time, so it's all PC video games for me haha.

Lately: Overwatch. New Wintersday skins to get!

Last year: Guild Wars 2. I've played it for years and still do! <3 I've got a few thousand hours on it. I suspect it will eventually catch up to....

Lifetime: Morrowind. The Sylvari in Guild Wars 2 may be my heart, but Morrowind is my soul. I've bought on XBOX, lost it, PC, lost it, bought again, downloaded, modded, gifted, bought again finally on Steam so I wouldn't lose it.... I still play it occasionally. Thousands and thousands of hours. It's home. It was what got me through tougher years and really kindled that open RPG love in me. :wub: And the character creation addiction. That started with Morrowind haha!

• Like 8

22 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Er... I need to amend my response. I've definitely played more solitaire than anything else. Ever. 

I used to play a lot of Minesweeper...

...I had forgotten. 

21 hours ago, Zink said:

..., last 10 years Armies of Arcana, ...

I got to try those Rules one time. I quite liked them. But it was just that once. ::(:

21 hours ago, kristof65 said:

...Lifetime would be D&D IF you lump all the editions together.  If you don't, then it's probably [Warhammer]...

I cannot say which of those two I have devoted the most time to.

21 hours ago, kristof65 said:

None of those are my favorite games, though. 

Interesting that favorite game has not received more time. :upside:

• Like 6

Question Dec. 20th: What handtools are in your apocalypse toolkit?

(*The five or six [?] essential items you will use to: restart civilization, rebuild from the ruins, fix things, salvage what you need, cope with being one of the last alive... ...survive.)

Hammer is #1, that is a given. But what is #2?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TGP said:

(*The five or six [?] essential items you will use to: restart civilization, rebuild from the ruins, fix things, salvage what you need, cope with being one of the last alive... ...survive.)

#1) Hammer, obviously.

#2) Knife.

#3) Shovel.

#4) Sewing needle.

#5) Pot. (As in, the cooking dish.)

The knife can take the place of a pair of scissors, at least until you can loot a craft store. 

A pot is nessasary for more more advanced forms of cooking, like soup. 

Shovels make growing things easier. 

Hammer and knife are self explanatory.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, TGP said:

Hammer, Crowbar, Axe, Knife, Rope, and File.

• Like 4