Chris Palmer

Help Finding Weapon Bits: Hand Scythe/Sickle

I'm going to be building a bunch of cavalry to use as Dothraki from Game of Thones, and I was wondering if anyone knew a source for their customary hand scythe/sickle weapon?    Rather than bend a bunch of straight words into curves, it would be a lot better if i could just find them sold as bits.

Did any plastic Warhammer figures ever come armed with such a weapon?

w9n6ywD.jpg

fullsizeoutput_40f0.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I'm going to be building a bunch of cavalry to use as Dothraki from Game of Thones, and I was wondering if anyone knew a source for their customary hand scythe/sickle weapon?    Rather than bend a bunch of straight words into curves, it would be a lot better if i could just find them sold as bits.

Did any plastic Warhammer figures ever come armed with such a weapon?

w9n6ywD.jpg

fullsizeoutput_40f0.jpeg

Yes the old saurus models had those.

image.png.170fdf07ef344831615578f692572ecb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mantic Scarecrows - both right handed and left handed, as well as a scythe and a shorter straight bladed sickle. (Has a different name - but I am not remembering it.)

IMG_20181025_181600.jpg

IMG_20181023_232642.jpg

Images stolen borrowed from Until Someone Loses and Eye

*EDIT* Their skeletons Troop sprue likewise has a single sickle (A uni-sickle?)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the great ideas so far, everybody!   Those are some good leads for me to pursue.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1

Warhammer Tomb Kings have some Khopeshes. I can't remember which set gives the most. My army is boxed up at the farm but I may have extra bits. I know I used a lot of them to make an entire unit with them. If you want I can dig through them for you. If I have any they'd look like the second guy in this pic (not mine).

Related image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There's 14294 Nefsokar Weapons, as well as 14295 Necropolis Weapons but those don't quite have that good of a value to them for what you're looking for.

Kromlech's Legendary Vibro Scythes (KRCB151) for the two handed variant, and Khopesh Vibro Swords (KRCB014) but they're more futuristic...

Scibor Miniatures CPEG0123 Egyptian Swords is another Khopesh styled one.

Anvil Industries A-WE-DHS "Double Handed Scythes", although these have power armor hands pre-attached.

HiTech Miniatures ASCY034 "Infected Scythe"

Black Tree Designs HYW1024 Pesants are getting warmer, as they're at least fantasy...

Hmm, what about 89027: Lini, Iconic Gnome Druid?

89027_w_1.jpg

Or 77421: Jade Tiger, Monk

77421_w_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the continued ideas!

Zink-  Though close, those aren't exactly right.  I appreciate the offer, but don't think you need to go digging. 

WhiteWulfe-  I'll check out those sources.  A futuristic handle isn't necessary a deal breaker, as the handle will be hidden by the hand. :)

• Like 2

old warhammer zombies had the sickle, though I am unsure if they are in print. Also it was attached to a zombie hand. I think mantic skeletons also have them one per sprue.

• Thanks 1