Madog Barfog

Need 2 online players for AD&D 1e on Dec 9

Pardon me if this is off topic, but I've posted this elsewhere with no takers yet.

I'm looking for a couple of online players who have never played Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh or Secret of Bone Hill (lots of secrets in this game). The PCs are prerolled; players will have their choice from a selection. I'll probably be using Roll 20, although it may just be over Skype. The game will start with a bang - I can't say more because of spoilers, but it will be an exciting session. 

The adventure is is already under way, and I think that may be a feature that makes this session better. PCs will likely reach 2nd level by the end. This might become a regular session, and if it does, expect a very Lovecraftian flair to become an obvious part of game direction.

We'll be using hand painted minis on a battle mat for visualization and mapping, as well as battles.

We expect to start around 2 PM on the 9th and play for about 4 hours, although that is flexible.

Any takers?

• Like 1

People still use Skype? o_O

On a more serious note, might want to mention which timezone you're in, as that can affect availability for people.  :)

You're absolutely right, I forgot to mention that. We're in the Eastern Us. Not sure if it's EST or EDT, but pretend we're in New York.

Regarding Skype, I understand. I can be a bit old school sometimes. I haven't used it for some time, but my GF has Skype for Business. Not sure if Microsoft's purchase ruined it or something else happened. 

I really don't care what we use. Just something that provides, at least, 2 way audio and outgoing video. Incoming video would be nice, but I'm not mandating it. I'm open to suggestions.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:05 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

People still use Skype? o_O

On a more serious note, might want to mention which timezone you're in, as that can affect availability for people.  :)

Yes. yes we do.

Regarding the adventures sadly I've GM'd Secret of Bone Hill 2 or 3 times in the past and, while I haven't played Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh I did once prep to GM it about 20 years ago but the game fell through. Otherwise I might be up for playing with you guys (in theory). Always nice to see the occasional 1st ed game taking place.

• Like 2

Tempting but I feel I need my Sundays to unwind, my work days and the game I run on Saturdays are just pushing my anxiety disorder to the limit as it is... :(