Corsair

Cav Kickstarters 4 & 5 discussion

Okay, first off I missed the first two Kickstarters and happily got in on the current one. I have been looking at what is left to build, what is left and what might be the focuses on the next KS or two.

Now, on the first two, what were CAVs and other vehicles that weren't unlocked as I missed those and it doesn't show that any longer. The third one we missed at least 2 CAVs and two vehicles. As it stands right now, we are missing 33 CAVS that have not been made yet [this includes the Scorpion and Spider, which are not on or Master List]. Sixteen aircraft and 21 vehicles are also still on the waiting list.

Terran: 3 aircraft and 1 CAV

Templar: 7 CAV, 4 vehicles and 2 aircraft

Rach: 2 vehicles and 2 aircraft

Adon: 3 CAV, 4 vehicles and 2 aircraft

Malvernis: 4 CAV, 3 vehicles and 2 aircraft

Ritterlich: 9 CAVs, 2 vehicles and 2 aircraft

Almirothil: 5 CAVs, 4 vehicles and 3 aircraft

Independent/Open: 2 CAVs and 3 vehicles

Now, we need to expect Talon and Reaper to use KS to get us the rest of these and that is cool with me. The costs of molds are very high and if they can cover the greatest part of these costs to bring us the rest of the equipment we love, this is something to look forward to. I'm guessing it will take 2 more KS to get this done, maybe a third. We need to expect and support that they need to have heavier vehicle coverage in the next KS or two Core Sets so they can afford to get us these as well. We can speculate that most of the mold work was done on the Thug, Nomad, Knight and Mamba as they were the next 4 waiting to be unlocked on this set.

Any ideas or dreams/hopes/begging, etc post it here!

• Like 1

Don't forget the dropship!

Also...  Planes in bones would be awesome - the ones that were pulled, partially. ^_^

• Like 3

Next up will be the dropship and hopefully some more aircraft.

Some models will show up in metal as special editions and we are planning on getting a regular release schedule of plastic models we will do without the KS at some point next year up and running. So hang in there! We have some other new models on the way too (like the Rach's own rocket carrier CAV, the Czar*).

*Yes I know that was the name of the old Templar aircraft, which has become the Broadsword Dropship, but I think the name fits better in the Rach naming convention!

Here is a sneak preview of the UNOFFICIAL card...

CZAR.jpg

• Like 5

Sweet news! Can't wait to try out the Czar with a proxy in some friendly play! And you're gonna make me buy another 2 Gnomics to kitbash into this.........you are an evil, evil man......

Edited by Corsair

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Now, we need to expect Talon and Reaper to use KS to get us the rest of these and that is cool with me. The costs of molds are very high and if they can cover the greatest part of these costs to bring us the rest of the equipment we love, this is something to look forward to. I'm guessing it will take 2 more KS to get this done, maybe a third. We need to expect and support that they need to have heavier vehicle coverage in the next KS or two Core Sets so they can afford to get us these as well. We can speculate that most of the mold work was done on the Thug, Nomad, Knight and Mamba as they were the next 4 waiting to be unlocked on this set.

Just as a caution, don't speculate too hard there. For example, I've finished designing the *appearance* of the Mamba, and it's been handed off to Jon - and that's what we've seen in the KS previews. From there, though, it needs to be made into a file that's able to be fabricated. *That* involves working with the mold makers to make sure each part is oriented so that detail is preserved and the mold isn't damaged in the process of removing the part, and that's where the money starts needing to be available before we can proceed. With a design as small as the Mamba, there's lots of places where things could wind up outside the tolerances that the molds can reach (the exhaust pipes, the headlights, etc), requiring adjustments to be made to strengthen those details or work them into the main bulk of the part. We do our best to work within boundaries we expect will work, but the proof isn't until it actually gets fabricated, and there's always a chance things won't work out quite the same.

But yes, some stuff is already designed. And on a completely unrelated note, I'm personally looking forward to the Arbalest, Avenger, Destrier, Eagle, Knight, Mamba, Stalker, Ammit, Anhur, Horus, Serket, Armada, Bruin, Cossack, Hound, Mongol, and Sunder. ;)

Edit: restored a lost 's'.

Edited by SparksMurphey
  • Like 3

I am looking at this and seeing a Kahn and Czar as a Hunter/Killer team for under a thousand points. THAT would fit into the Rach Warrior mentality. I guess I will go and order a couple of Gnomics, three of them will give me one CZAR with the 15 racks, one on each side and one on top. Then one of the others will be a modified Softtarget hunter with two  Heavy RACs.

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I am looking at this and seeing a Kahn and Czar as a Hunter/Killer team for under a thousand points. THAT would fit into the Rach Warrior mentality. I guess I will go and order a couple of Gnomics, three of them will give me one CZAR with the 15 racks, one on each side and one on top. Then one of the others will be a modified Softtarget hunter with two  Heavy RACs.

Did you notice it is a quad?

2 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Just now as I started looking at the data card closer.......now giving evil looks to Manticores and Simbas.....

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Please be a delightfully spider or scorpion like quad!

...For, uhm, reasons.  Yes, reasons.  Research I mean!   Not at all because that would bring Rach up there for a third faction or something like that for a fox to build and paint....

• Like 1

Mmmmm...semi guided AE goodness on a giant quad beast...I really hope this thing looks good, because I'm going to need a lot of them. :)

• Like 2