Okay, I admit to being a pessimist and I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law. So I find it really hard to like a CAV or other weapon that is either totally ammo dependent or their main weaponry is Ltd Ammo without an Ammo Bin. I guess you can always add one on or have someone with Spare Ammo running around, but it seems a little wonky to me.

We gamers are sessile by nature. CAV is trying to keep us healthy with those snakeyes-inspired shots of adrenaline to get our hearts pumping! :)

• Haha 4

That's just the nature of a simulation I guess. The model "is" built with appropriate ammo stores and secondary back-ups (hence the 2nd roll) but as noted murphy sucks. So some designers went crazy and gave up other options for the sake of tertiary back-ups (ammo bin). Its all a trade off and you have to weigh what works for you... but as noted you have upgrades (the pilot is a firm believer in murphy so has added his own back-up), resupplies, and eventually resupply vehicles. So its just a perspective thing and how you want to look at it.

Best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh, I understand game balance and the "flavor" of different Factions. It does give a nice balance for the dedicated [fanatic] pilots.

On this same topic, the Re-supply ability, the way I read this, it is an on-going use. So, you could have a hot-rod running up to different CAVs or vehicles during the game, feeding empty machines. Correct?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Oh, I understand game balance and the "flavor" of different Factions. It does give a nice balance for the dedicated [fanatic] pilots.

On this same topic, the Re-supply ability, the way I read this, it is an on-going use. So, you could have a hot-rod running up to different CAVs or vehicles during the game, feeding empty machines. Correct?

Yes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Savage Coyote said:

remember you can also "buy" ammo bins if you are playing with battlefield: upgrades :) 

Oh yeah, that is one of the first things to grab.