Corsair

Tyrant scale differences

Do any of you have both the metal and current [plastic] Tyrants and have a picture of the size differences between the two? Thanks

Shouldn't be anything noticeable. A lot of the KS1 models were scanned from the original metal masters and that was one.

• Like 1

Excellent news, there was one metal one left at my LGS, I may just pick it up tomorrow. There is also one of the Dana Murphys but I am not very good at painting faces.....

Please note if your local store has any CAV models left in metal and has been hesitant to pick up the new edition or plastic models, they can contact us to arrange for a swap of the older figures with new product.

• Like 2

In my case, my FLGS flatly says they'll never stock CAV, plastic or metal. No idea what the history there is, but I get the sense there's some kind of grudge going.

Ironically, I'm close enough to Denton that Reaper itself is tantalizingly available, but just far enough away to be super inconvenient.

• Like 4

Well, the metal Tyrant was still there, but it is not now! Brought it home and will feed him and love him.....wait he's not george!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Please note if your local store has any CAV models left in metal and has been hesitant to pick up the new edition or plastic models, they can contact us to arrange for a swap of the older figures with new product.

If any stores take you up on that I'm interested in buying the metal models. Please don't scrap them.

J--

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jsalyers said:

If any stores take you up on that I'm interested in buying the metal models. Please don't scrap them.

J--

Sorry but we won't be offering them for resale.

• Sad 2

There is still the Dana Murphy figure there for 13.95. If anyone wants the info on the store, PM me. Say Boss, would it be feasible to get Reaper/Talon to consider offering a re-run of minis that aren't being prepped right now for bonesium? Similar to the Dart?

On 12/10/2018 at 2:59 PM, CAVBOSS said:

Shouldn't be anything noticeable. A lot of the KS1 models were scanned from the original metal masters and that was one.

Well, it is a really nice sculpt, primed and will get it's first coat of yellow tonight.

Sounds weird, but it is SO heavy! I have gotten used to CBTmechs and the new Bonesium CAVs, what a weight difference. Primed up nicely, and got it's yellow side done. Pics tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

There is still the Dana Murphy figure there for 13.95. If anyone wants the info on the store, PM me. Say Boss, would it be feasible to get Reaper/Talon to consider offering a re-run of minis that aren't being prepped right now for bonesium? Similar to the Dart?

I know CAVBoss has plans to released certain figures in a similar manner, but I believe they are an exception rather than the rule!  One of the best selling points to the game is getting your super heavy CAV or a pair of tanks for six or seven bucks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Savage Coyote said:

I know CAVBoss has plans to released certain figures in a similar manner, but I believe they are an exception rather than the rule!  One of the best selling points to the game is getting your super heavy CAV or a pair of tanks for six or seven bucks! 

Absolutely! I am quite concerned about Battletech if they can't get with the plastics, that they will eventually fail. And the worst part of that is, Iron Winds is currently making the best mechs that CBT has ever had.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, CAVBOSS said:

Sorry but we won't be offering them for resale.

Then I'll just have to buy them first. :P

J--

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, Weird-O said:

In my case, my FLGS flatly says they'll never stock CAV, plastic or metal. No idea what the history there is, but I get the sense there's some kind of grudge going.

Ironically, I'm close enough to Denton that Reaper itself is tantalizingly available, but just far enough away to be super inconvenient.

No telling who went pee pee in their cornflakes at some point. It never ceases to amaze me how some game retailers stay in business with some of the attitudes I have come across over the years. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1