Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I had the kids home from school unexpectedly yesterday:
Elder spawn had a friend over and we did come painting.
got a pair of yeti out and I did wash and drybrush with mini-spawn (5yrs) using craft brushes, reaper paint and a wet pallet.
I painted eyesockets, and then gave her a toothpick for whites.
I was helping Elderspawn with her Dungeons and Doggies figure and Minispawn just grabed a transparent ranger, I told her to paint it however, since I dont have a working system for transparents. It makes a really good ghost now.
three more off my bones3 core set.
Just a random mini this time, the Stone Giant from the first expansion of the second Bones kickstarter from 2013.
Stone Giants are the smallest of the giants, but still much larger than Conan. And have mothers milk that also can be used as spackle.
77336: Stone Giant
sculpted by Jason Wiebe
from the Reaper Bones 2 kickstarter
Made in Bonesium PVC
By Patrik Strom
The Celestial Stag from Reaper Miniatures (03907). I painted this for a character in a DnD game that has a habit of shifting into a stag. I'm quite happy with the base.
Everyone, meet Viridius.
He's a hefty boi. No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.
I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look. Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him. So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.
One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work. The question is, what to do? Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)
Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape. The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled. I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water. I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing
I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business. So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)
I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.
Non Reaper 40mm+, Bust, and Diorama entries only. No more than 4 images per entry please.
No chatter or questions, please. Use the Rules and Questions thread.
Who's Online 41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Disciple of Sakura
- Chris Palmer