Chaoswolf

Ral Partha/Citadel dwarf fighter

If my memory is working properly, I think this guy came out a blister pack marked Ral Partha Imports, so he may have originally been a citadel sculpt. In any case, he's older than at least some of you reading this. His paint got pretty badly dinged up in a move, so i decided to fix him up. Which led to a complete repaint. I hope you  like him.

20181222_191155.thumb.jpg.6114e7883ebda0c6c9db6c87763071f2.jpg

20181222_191205.thumb.jpg.95fa214143ba95e5e20388e342226d06.jpg

• Like 21

The Vertically Challenged Guy does have the Citadel look to him. He certainly painted up SPLENDIDLYOUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Great stuff!!

I have this mini also (squirellled away somewhere in my catacombs...) Citadel FA15 - Dwarf with 2 handed hammer. Do I get a prize for being over a decade older than it? ::D:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GrandPrince
      When you can ride a bear?! This is one I found at the gaming shop and thought was too awesomely unique to pass up.  It was also part of the batch of strong heroines I bought up for my birthday in December and have since been painting.  My first time painting irises in the eyes of a mini as well.

• By Chaoswolf
      Ok, I've got the box organized and packed; hopefully I can make to the post office Monday to start it on it's way.

Here's the list:

Ratmaster 2000--arrived 10/31, sent 11/1
      SGhawkins 09--arrived11/2, sent 11/10
      ShadowPhase--arrived 11/13, sent 11/16
      Strawhat--arrived 11/19, sent 12/1
      GlitterWolf--arrived 12/10
      RobinH--arrived 1/8, sent 1/9
      Necromancer---arrived 1/14, sent 1/16
      Generic Fighter--arrived 1/18, sent 1/22
      Disserma--arrived 1/24, sent 2/6
      RedAmbrosia--arrived 2/8, sent 2/26
      Ttuckerman--arrived 2/28, sent 3/1
      Fire Eyes--arrived 3/4, sent 3/15
      Chris Palmer--arrived 3/18, sent 3/20
      Sanael

If there's anything left, send it back to me, and it'll get put into the next (regular version) BoGW that happens.

There are enough items included for everyone to make four (4) picks. After you've grabbed some stuff, seal it back up and send it the next person. This is all based on the generosity of people at Reapercon, so there's no need to put anything back in; this is a straight up gift.
      There are 2 pairs of sunglasses in there; they don't have anything to do with Reaper/Reapercon other than that they were in the swag bag, and (I'm guessing) donated by the city of Denton. If you want a pair take 'em, they don't have to count as one of your 4 items, unless your conscience dictates otherwise.
      If you want to help out with international shipping fees (and no one is under any obligation to do so) contact Strawhat, GlitterWolf, or RobinH to work something out.

A big THANK YOU!! to everyone who donated stuff for this to happen.

• By FireImp
      I was gifted a box of about a hundred old minis last year, some painted, some not. The original paint jobs were serviceable, but basically base coats with no wash or shading to speak of.  I’ve been painting about a year and a half.

This fellow was painted, so I stripped him down, then using the original color scheme, re-did him. Except for the hair. He was originally a brunette. I really like the sculpt, especially that beard!

• By Maledrakh
      Just a random mini this time, the Stone Giant from the first expansion of the second Bones kickstarter from 2013.

Stone Giants are the smallest of the giants, but still much larger than Conan. And have mothers milk that also can be used as spackle.

77336: Stone Giant
      sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      from the Reaper Bones 2 kickstarter
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base

• By Maledrakh
      Wyrmgear the Clockwork Dragon was a part of the very first Bones kickstarter back in 2012. It has been standing around unpainted and semi-assembled on my Dragon shelf (the top one with extra space for all the wings and such) several years. Some time ago, I pulled it off the shelf and started rusting it up.
      And it did not look good. So I put it back on the shelf.
      And took it down again after some time, did some more rusting. And still it did not look any good.
      And some of this was down to the pristine, straight and flat wings. The wings are made in a much harder / more rigid plastic than the rest of the Bones. They might be polystyrene, but could  just as well be the same Bonesium PVC with less plasticiser. Whatever the case is, the wings are really hard and totally non-flexible.
      So I cut them up with scissors and took those wings outside behind the garage and burned them with fire!
      My trusty lighter delivered flaming retribution to those wings, letting me bend and scrunch them a bit.
      So, with the stiff and pristine wings dealt with, it was time for some more paint.
      None of the earlier paint jobs were any good, in the end I dumped a bunch of Citadel Nihilakh Oxide all over it, drybrushed a bunch of different bronzes, golds and greenish steel. The wing "cloth" is based on Citadel Ionrach Skin, Reaper Vampiric Shadow and a whole buch of other paints, shades and inks.

Pics below the clicky bit

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 127 Guests (See full list)