Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Firbolg minis?

Anything in current scale out there or at least looks the part? I know RP had one but he'd be tiny compared to today's figures. I don't think there is a prepainted either.

EDIT: I did find one on Shapeways. Hmmm I don't think my printer is up aka me, for printing minis right now. This may be a job for my 3d printer guy! ::):

Like... old school depiction of Firbolgs or "What if Shaggy Rogers and Joe Fixit had an unholy offspring" depiction of Firbolgs?

TSR made a 25mm Firbolg in the former style that would work well as a bigbutnotsizelarge Firbolg with Heroic Scale minis.

22 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Oathsworn had a female firbolg in their last adventurers KS that I adored

Yah I found that one & I really like it but for a pregen I'd rather have a male version + the time for ordering/receiving it, is a factor. As I need it before I leave in early February.

As much as I like the RP version of Firbolg, I'd rather have the 5e depiction. I think I'll go with the Shapeway one. I just need to get it printed up.

I find it funny thou, the GF9 version (depicts a gaming group's 5e characters) has one but it's on a large size base...whoops! 

• Like 1

Yeah you're pretty much stuck with Zack and/or Cody (which is as bad as ending up with Babby's First Edgelord to represent your dragonborn character) or 3D prints because for some reason 5E decided to just make firbolgs these big ugly elvesier-than-elves instead of anything close to the giant-kin they formerly were. XD

There has really not been anything minis-wise from WizKids yet, and save for GF9 and Sensible Shoes I've not seen them get tackled.

The TSR Firbolg is still a great piece IMO. Scales up well with modern Reaper minis as a taller Size Medium character, too.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

I just tried to check their site and while they have a Checkout page.... that is literally all they have. There is no other means of navigating to product to see or purchase.

2 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I just tried to check their site and while they have a Checkout page.... that is literally all they have. There is no other means of navigating to product to see or purchase.

They appear to be closed for Christmas.