Reaper Ron

Announcing Reaper Bones Black!

We’re excited to announce an amazing new product line for 2019 and beyond: Reaper Bones Black!

Since launching our Reaper Bones miniatures in 2012, Reaper Miniatures has produced and shipped over 25 million plastic models to gamers and painters around the world. But despite the success of Reaper Bones, we continually look for ways to improve our products. We’ve taken everything that makes Reaper Bones Miniatures so successful and enhanced it.  We’ve always listened to our customers, and after years of feedback, we made Reaper Bones Miniatures even better with Reaper Bones Black.

•    High Detail – Reaper Bones Black holds more detail and is equal to resin or metal

•    Rigid Material – weapons and thin parts are much more rigid and hold their shape, but still flexible enough to withstand constant handling

•    Improved Pigmentation – Reaper Bones Black models are tinted dark grey for ease of painting and viewing

•    Reduced Seam and Shift Lines - produced with high-grade steel molds, Reaper Bones Black models are cleaner, crisper, and require less cleaning

But we didn’t change everything. Customers can expect the same great features with Reaper Bones Black as they do with Reaper Bones.

•    Amazing sculpts – created by the best artists in the gaming industry

•    Consumer-friendly pricing – Reaper Bones Black gives customers great value for their dollars

•    Wide selection – Reaper Bones Black will continue to provide consumers a variety of options to suit all types of gaming. \

•    Painter Friendly – made for painters and gamers, by painters and gamers.

•    Ready to Paint – just a quick rinse with soap and water and you’re ready to paint

•    Scaled to Fit – Reaper Bones Black models are the same size and scale as all Reaper miniatures and all modern gaming models

•    Integral Bases – Reaper Bones Black models come with integral bases so they’re ready to play with right out of the package

•    Always in Stock – Reaper Bones Black models won’t go out of stock and can always be reordered. You’ve got the demand. We’ve got the supply.

To launch Reaper Bones Black, we’ll be giving away nearly 150,000 free Reaper Bones Black miniatures throughout 2019. This will give painters, gamers, and retailers an opportunity to try Reaper Bones Black themselves. More details will be coming soon on www.reapermini.com

Look for regular Reaper Bones Black monthly releases in spring 2019!

Reaper Bones Black FAQ coming this week!

RBB.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Ooh, l'll take some of the 150K to try!  They'd jump to the top of the list front of the shelf of shame to be painted immediately.

Second part:  Bones Kickstarter V:  Black?

(Can't hurt to ask, right!?)

Edited by BLZeebub
Clarified the "Kickstarter" part, just in case.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Cool! Had heard about this both through the grapevine and on Reaper Live but it's good to have some more solid info!

My guess is those free models are probably going to be the monthly £40 order incentives? I can't wait- and second the idea of Bones V: Black! sounds like a good plan to me! 

• Like 6

Nice. I sometimes grayscale (drybrush or paint in gray then white) then color (glaze) miniatures, and this will help.

What criteria are you using for a miniature to be in black or white plastic?

I hope to be in the giveaway and definitely look forward to a Bones V campaign! 

These Bones miniatures were primed black before painting. I particularly liked the black in the skeleton in the back. 

IMG_3080.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Reaper Ron said:

•    High Detail – Reaper Bones Black holds more detail and is equal to resin or metal

•    Reduced Seam and Shift Lines - produced with high-grade steel molds, Reaper Bones Black models are cleaner, crisper, and require less cleaning

Now that's how to get our attention. If the details are even close to metal mini quality, I'm going in hard on these. Less cleaning is another pretty big headline. Can't wait! ::o:

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

What criteria are you using for a miniature to be in black or white plastic? 

Good question!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

My wallet is already whimpering in expectation of so many €40 orders to qualify for free minis...    

You mean...  You don't already have that... In the budget as it's own line?  ....I might want to modify mine from one order to two, just in case. >.>;;;

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Woot woot! BIG BLACK BONES. **dirty joke here**

I thought it was "Biggest, Blackest" as the secret card?

2 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

•    Rigid Material – weapons and thin parts are much more rigid and hold their shape, but still flexible enough to withstand constant handling

•    Improved Pigmentation – Reaper Bones Black models are tinted dark grey for ease of painting and viewing

Colour me curious about the first two...  That last one is going to be especially handy...

Please say the forthcoming CAV:SO III Kickstarter minis will be Bones Black, because man, I really don't want to be cleaning insane seam lines along treads (I'm looking at you, Wolf tank.  Man those are almost impossible to clean up).  Oh, and not having staves and axes warp, and stay warped would be absolutely epic!  (and tank barrels!)

•    Always in Stock – Reaper Bones Black models won’t go out of stock and can always be reordered. You’ve got the demand. We’ve got the supply.

Now we're talking!

To launch Reaper Bones Black, we’ll be giving away nearly 150,000 free Reaper Bones Black miniatures throughout 2019. This will give painters, gamers, and retailers an opportunity to try Reaper Bones Black themselves. More details will be coming soon on www.reapermini.com

As we all have our varied preferences, I do hope there will be multiple platforms for these giveaways ^_^

Look for regular Reaper Bones Black monthly releases in spring 2019!

Reaper Bones Black FAQ coming this week!

Definitely curious as to whether we'll see the metal minis continue as the freebies, if it will be metal and bones black, or just bones black.

I'm also curious about how many more releases we'll see for the Dungeon Dwellers line ^_^

• Like 2

I'll second Whitewulfe's  request for CAVs in BB! Also, i would love to be a beta tester! [plead. beg grovel, whimper....]

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Can anyone from Reaper confirm which stuff from Bones 4 is going to be in Bones Black?  I know some of the expansions are, but it was vague what else would.  

All Expansions (Dreadmere, Darkreach, Chronoscope, Lost Valley, Fan Favorites) are all in Bones Black. About half the Options are too. Give or take.

Dungeon Dwellers will continue as a metal line in 2019, but it won't be the free promotional line. The new promotional line for 2019 will be announced tomorrow. Can you guess what that's gong to be? ::D:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3