Reaper Ron

Announcing Reaper Bones Black!

Was a definitive answer given to:

Will Bones Black figures replace metal figures as the $40+ monthly incentive figure?

I don't do Bones so that is of significant interest to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Was a definitive answer given to:

Will Bones Black figures replace metal figures as the $40+ monthly incentive figure?

I don't do Bones so that is of significant interest to me.

It seems like this year, that is the case. They are however larger figures than the monthly metal ones were (at least the owlbear is - he's roughly equivalent in price to a metal human), and in the new material which supposedly has better detail than old Bonesium. I'm a fan of metal, but this seems worth a shot if you like the sculpt. 

• Like 3

Quote below was posted by Reaper on their Facebook page:

“the Owlbear is our first model to promote the line. Each month will feature a new promotional mini, and regular Bones Black minis will be for sale starting in the spring.”

Reaper also posted the pic below of two Bones Black minis coming out in 2019. Although it wasn’t specified if these would be part of the monthly freebie giveaways or retail pieces only.AC52E516-0D18-46E7-B200-CFADE4AB5BAE.thumb.jpeg.e4ee9184db6df258ef91f9f6c00daff7.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Quote below was posted by Reaper on their Facebook page:

“the Owlbear is our first model to promote the line. Each month will feature a new promotional mini, and regular Bones Black minis will be for sale starting in the spring.”

Reaper also posted the pic below of two Bones Black minis coming out in 2019. Although it wasn’t specified if these would be part of the monthly freebie giveaways or retail pieces only.AC52E516-0D18-46E7-B200-CFADE4AB5BAE.thumb.jpeg.e4ee9184db6df258ef91f9f6c00daff7.jpeg

Those are from Bones 4 KS; the troll is from the troll add-on and the other is from the Dreadmere expansion.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Highlander said:

OFFICIAL ANSWER: 2019 the promotional figures will be Bones Black not a metal model.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

38 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Got mine in today, so first impressions and a few pictures.  I'm uploading straight from my phone so the pick dump will be at the end.

This new material is hard.  There is virtually no flex at all, and it feels about like some resins I've worked with.  He is all one piece, but with a separate sculpted base, so rather excited about that. 

The color is darker that the previous 'grey' bones, which really shows off the fine detail in the feathers.  In the second pic are Kord, in white bonsium, and part of kyphrixis in grey

Lastly he is a great intimidating size to face down your adventurers.  Or Sir Forscale in a pinch.

IMG_20190103_185958638.jpg

IMG_20190103_185923470.jpg

IMG_20190103_190121803.jpg

IMG_20190103_185905382.jpg

Thanks for posting this.

• Like 3

That's a good looking owlbear! The 21st & those new cat figures can't come soon enough so I can get one of my own!

• Like 1

Thank you for the awesome review and detailed pictures!  They really have mastered the formula.

Also, looking at him off the base, it really looks like the Owlbear is giving it all in his local theater's opera.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Guessing it came fully assembled?.. I don't like trying to paint under arms and wings.. 

Without the base the underside of the wing will be easier to reach, so the trouble will be somewhat mitigated. However, I do see your point. 

• Like 4

I love that the figure is separate from the base! Makes it WAAAY better for folks that prefer to add their own bases!

Curious if the separate base was just for the owlbear or if it will be more common going forward ...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1