But Enough Typing, Have At You!

Post your goals, for Mankind Ill needs a Savior such as you! You Steal men's Paintbrushes and make them all gunked up!

GF

P.S.: I've been up since 5AM last year. No wonder I'm all loopy ;) Also, Richter Belmont is amazing in Smash Bros Ultimate, so that may have contributed to this tangent.

Edited by Generic Fighter
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Here we go again!

• Finish the Welcome to the Jungle Project.
  • Finish the Terradon and Centipede that go on that.
  • Work on La Charra.
  • Start on a Backdrop Photoboard for my Nippon Project.
  • Start on a Egyptian Undead mini for my Shifting Sands Project.
Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

January......yeesh

1. Finish the 7 Rach minis that are primed and first yellow coat

2. Finish Herbie the Archer

3. Finish 9 Ritter/Almirith CAVs that are 2/3 done

4. THEN, the other 5 mechs on the way in

• Like 8

Going to borrow from my previous set of goals, but modify things somewhat so it's more... Realistic. ^_^;;;

• Fill gaps in minotaur demon lord!
  • Greenstuff work on Wyrmgear!  Approximately two sessions remain, three if I go for smaller, more detail oriented ones.
  • Unrelenting Tide: work on one hero/character, paint 5 Poison Wind Globadiers, assemble 5 minis
  • Additional work on one of the gnolls I've started already.
  • Re-prime (well, liner) the two gnolls and one minotaur that wound up going for a bath due to bad primer
  • Clean, assemble, and prime two to three minis for hubby
  • Assemble four of the CAVs in my backlog (that's about to get bigger!) DONE!  as of Jan 13th
  • Resume work on my rainbow dragon challenge Ebonwrath
  • Assemble my Pathfinder Red Dragon
  • Going to give an old goal a whirl - at least half an hour of painting hobbying, every day
  • Start work on the Sir Garrick the Bold Forscale, quite possibly with black and orange as the two main shades.
  • Finish Hajad!
  • Resume working on Tanith the Feral Song
Edited by WhiteWulfe
Fixed greenstuff info (had accidentally put Wyrmgear's stuff under Minotaur), and changed daily painting to daily hobbying
  • Like 9

For the year, probably forgot somethings:

0101191205.thumb.jpg.21cfe7bb6d4c8bdfd3a8ec75b67ad324.jpg

ETA:

Things I forgot:

• The Maiden (Paper Boat)
  • Finish SoB wave 2
  • Start Forbidden Fortress when it arrives.
  • Paint all the Bones giants that we have and are getting.
  • Shaerileth, Spider Demoness
  • 1 or more of my personal projects (Probably start and finish painting Stuffed Fables first).
Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 10

Start out with my left overs from last year. These shouldn't take too long.

buzzard 

6" long by 3" high wall for the Frostgrave "Wall" spell.

Finish painting a starting sigilist warband based on Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar minis.

Start the massive trebuchet.

I'm also wanting to buy some materials and make 2-3 4'x4' gaming mats. I have a nice green teddy bear fur clothe that I really like for most of my gaming. But now that I'm actually playing with more and more painted terrain and minis it just doesn't match every situation. So I want to make a couple of different styles suitable for games with smaller playing areas. One more city/pavement and one rough/bare ground.

For long term goals there's still a lot of terrain I want to make and lots of partially assembled and painted armies and warbands to finish off. Plus I'll be getting a couple of things from Bones 4. :ph34r: Need to decide which army will get highest priority for painting. Need more scatter terrain as well. I have lots for larger games but when doing things like Frostgrave it's best to have a lot and it's getting repetitive with the few pieces I have.

• Like 10

For the year;

Run at least 1 d&d 5e module start to finish. Probably Hoard of The Dragon Queen or Waterdeep Dragon Heist, with as many painted miniatures as possible.

Paint 150 miniatures

Enter at least 1 painting competition

Take a painting class?

For January;

Paint 15 miniatures.

Decide which module to run 

Put together a list of what minis would be good to have for the module and work out a shopping list / what I already have that could be used.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Zink said:

Start out with my left overs from last year. These shouldn't take too long.

buzzard 

6" long by 3" high wall for the Frostgrave "Wall" spell.

Finish painting a starting sigilist warband based on Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar minis.

Start the massive trebuchet.

I'm also wanting to buy some materials and make 2-3 4'x4' gaming mats. I have a nice green teddy bear fur clothe that I really like for most of my gaming. But now that I'm actually playing with more and more painted terrain and minis it just doesn't match every situation. So I want to make a couple of different styles suitable for games with smaller playing areas. One more city/pavement and one rough/bare ground.

For long term goals there's still a lot of terrain I want to make and lots of partially assembled and painted armies and warbands to finish off. Plus I'll be getting a couple of things from Bones 4. :ph34r: Need to decide which army will get highest priority for painting. Need more scatter terrain as well. I have lots for larger games but when doing things like Frostgrave it's best to have a lot and it's getting repetitive with the few pieces I have.

I found fabric that has some very good coloring for such groundwork, it's not a traditional camo, but more of a brushed effect. It is smooth so different terrain pieces work well on it. Check the bigger craft stores

• Like 7

Fan Plans for 2019

Paint all the figures in the annual box

Continue my current Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign and perhaps work on two mini campaigns

Paint three entries for miniature painting competitions this year

Run a Call of Cthulhu game for my roleplaying group

Paint character minis for all the players in my D&D group.

Paint a Mithril miniature each month (at least one not only one)

In keeping with my 2019 goals, in January I plan to:

1.  Paint a Reaper vulture for Rangers of Shadow Deep
  2.  Paint a new figure for Grumpy the Dwarf in my D&D game
  3.  Finish painting a pack mule for the D&D game
  4.  Paint a new Brother of the Night's Watch
  5.  Paint a Mithril miniature for January

buckyball

• Like 9

Plans For 2019:
Paint KD: Dragon King. 

Paint 2 other dragons. 

Paint 90+ minis to keep up with my last 3 years.

- 36+ from bones 3 core set. 

- some dinos from bones 4 

- try some Bones Black. 

paint more metal - I was down to 3 this year,  which is a trend in the wrong direction. 

- including Wiebe fundraiser dwarf for a local challenge. 

Paint another bust - I will soon have 3 unpainted - Grudge, a goblin Lady and the small resin face from Reapercon

dking.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9

• My first goal should be to finish my exchange mini.  Hopefully by the the time the weekend is through it will be done.
  • I have a number of half-finished projects from years past that I should work on completing so I can put them in the done pile or just strip and start over.
  • I have a ton of unpainted Bones that I could attempt to churn through.  Step 1 would be to locate those I'm somewhat interested in and get them prepped.

• Like 8

I have been terrible at sticking to these goals in the past. Maybe this year will be different. For the year:

-Finish Cthulhu Wars factions

-Paint a Deep Wars Faction

-Begin and complete Stuffed Fables

-Average at least two Bones minis a month...including at least one of the big ones

-Dwarven Forge. Finish what I have before the next KS arrives

-other terrain

More generally: 

-learn to use my airbrush more effectively with a focus on speed

-get the kids painting more since they have been requesting it

• Like 10

For 2019, it's dragons, dragons, and more dragons!  I would like to play a little with air-dry clay.  I have some terrain ideas rolling around in my head. And I have enjoyed and been inspired by Malefactus and his little 'shrooms and other fae things so much that I wonder if I couldn't come up with some fantastical creations of my own...I will ponder.

For January, it's continue my current commission and start on the next dragon in the queue!

• Like 9

For the year:  Finish 50 minis

For January:

Finish 4 minis, should not be too hard since I have 3 Reaper Mushroom men almost done.

Update my Savage Worlds player docs for Shaintar to the new Savage Worlds Adventure edition.

• Like 8

I've been pretty bad in previous years about sticking to goals, but let's give it one more shot!

For the year: finish more models than last year's total of 46.

For January:

1) Finish the single minis I have prepped already: 8 in total, 3 currently finished.

2) Work on 2 brush blending, concept is straightforward, but execution is... well, developing.

3) Start interviews with miniature companies for upcoming article/video series.

4) Refrain from ordering more minis... got to save some budget for the rest of the year! Mission Failed

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 9