January goal, paint these:

DSCN0918.jpg.ca9312a9801ec93433ff47d1b4082e32.jpg

Our current steampunk rpg has gotten to the interesting combat part, and I want to be able to put some of these on the table by the 18th.  If it goes well I have a handful more I can add for next month. 

2019 goal:  finish the 2 large griffins I have paint on, and do another Sophie model. 

• Like 15

On 1/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, Auberon said:
  • My first goal should be to finish my exchange mini.  Hopefully by the the time the weekend is through it will be done.
  • I have a number of half-finished projects from years past that I should work on completing so I can put them in the done pile or just strip and start over.
  • I have a ton of unpainted Bones that I could attempt to churn through.  Step 1 would be to locate those I'm somewhat interested in and get them prepped.

I am going to go with work on Bones (have already started in fact).  At this point I have too many lying around to even consider backing another KS. 

• Like 8

On 1/1/2019 at 9:39 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Going to borrow from my previous set of goals, but modify things somewhat so it's more... Realistic. ^_^;;;

• Fill gaps in minotaur demon lord!
  • Greenstuff work on Wyrmgear!  Approximately two sessions remain, three if I go for smaller, more detail oriented ones.
  • Unrelenting Tide: work on one hero/character, paint 5 Poison Wind Globadiers, assemble 5 minis
  • Additional work on one of the gnolls I've started already.
  • Re-prime (well, liner) the two gnolls and one minotaur that wound up going for a bath due to bad primer
  • Clean, assemble, and prime two to three minis for hubby
  • Assemble four of the CAVs in my backlog (that's about to get bigger!) DONE!  as of Jan 13th
  • Resume work on my rainbow dragon challenge Ebonwrath
  • Assemble my Pathfinder Red Dragon
  • Going to give an old goal a whirl - at least half an hour of painting hobbying, every day
  • Start work on the Sir Garrick the Bold Forscale, quite possibly with black and orange as the two main shades.
  • Finish Hajad!
  • Resume working on Tanith the Feral Song

Mid-month followup...  Desk cleaned up, a bunch of minis have been cleaned up for hubby (they just need assembly and priming - assembly may have to wait until Thursday since my superglue is rather.... thick now), Five CAVs have been assembled (technically my entire personal backlog so far - until two packages come in, that is), Pathfinder Red Dragon was cleaned up (alongside a BUNCH of other minis), haven't hobbied every day but I've "made it up" timewise (goal really was at least 3.5 hours per week, and with two days of painting an hour, I also spent over twelve hours last night cleaning stuff up and prepping things).

Overall, I'm happy, been a while since I've seen decent progress on goals, even in months where I didn't have as many goals ^_^

• Like 7

On 1/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, MiniDungeonMaster said:

For the year;

Run at least 1 d&d 5e module start to finish. Probably Hoard of The Dragon Queen or Waterdeep Dragon Heist, with as many painted miniatures as possible.

Paint 150 miniatures

Enter at least 1 painting competition

Take a painting class?

For January;

Paint 15 miniatures.

Decide which module to run 

Put together a list of what minis would be good to have for the module and work out a shopping list / what I already have that could be used.

Mid month Update:

I have painted 7 models so far this month, I have several others as WIPs or primed and ready to go, some are even larger than character sized so even if I don't finish 15 if I finish 10 and 2 large ones I'd be happy with that.

I have decided to run Waterdeep: Dragon heist, though I have not read past the first 5 pages yet or prepared the "miniatures required list"

I have also now painted over 33% of the miniatures I own (not including kickstarter unshipped) I'm really happy with this as even though I know there's hundreds unpainted- that still feels like a good % to be at. Ofc next month's shipment of Bones 4 will blow that out the water!

• Like 7

On 1/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Zink said:

Start out with my left overs from last year. These shouldn't take too long.

buzzard 

6" long by 3" high wall for the Frostgrave "Wall" spell.

Finish painting a starting sigilist warband based on Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar minis.

Start the massive trebuchet.

I'm also wanting to buy some materials and make 2-3 4'x4' gaming mats. I have a nice green teddy bear fur clothe that I really like for most of my gaming. But now that I'm actually playing with more and more painted terrain and minis it just doesn't match every situation. So I want to make a couple of different styles suitable for games with smaller playing areas. One more city/pavement and one rough/bare ground.

For long term goals there's still a lot of terrain I want to make and lots of partially assembled and painted armies and warbands to finish off. Plus I'll be getting a couple of things from Bones 4. :ph34r: Need to decide which army will get highest priority for painting. Need more scatter terrain as well. I have lots for larger games but when doing things like Frostgrave it's best to have a lot and it's getting repetitive with the few pieces I have.

Half month update. Not much work done because of issues with my glasses and headaches because of that. But a little bit done and I need to get the pics up one of these days.

Finished

Buzzard

1 wall for Frostgrave. Have 2 other chunks ready to work on if I feel like making more.

1 Bones nun that will be a theif for the Sisters. Took away her pistol and gave her a big knife/short sword

Rocky outcrop with a couple small trees on a cd base.

Worked on

A bit of paint on half a dozen Sisters.

Cut a bunch of insulation foam pieces for various heights and lengths of walls. Just not exactly sure what I want to make with them yet.

Gave up on

The trebuchet. Have the siege battle set up and ready to go without it. Someday. Wanted to start the battle yesterday but the weather was beautiful and the wife threw the kids out of the house all afternoon which is our normal gaming time, weekend afternoons.

Latest goals

Finish the 6 sisters

Finish a goblin warlord and elf lord that are 80% painted for the last couple of months.

Get my home made foam cutter working properly again. Just need a new dimmer switch which I ordered.

Make a smithy and paint the 2 Bones smiths I have.

Do the mats I mentioned. Ordered the canvas today with some other hobby odds and ends. 

• Like 7

On 1/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, SparrowMarie said:

For the year, probably forgot somethings:

0101191205.thumb.jpg.21cfe7bb6d4c8bdfd3a8ec75b67ad324.jpg

ETA:

Things I forgot:

• The Maiden (Paper Boat)
  • Finish SoB wave 2
  • Start Forbidden Fortress when it arrives.
  • Paint all the Bones giants that we have and are getting.
  • Shaerileth, Spider Demoness
  • 1 or more of my personal projects (Probably start and finish painting Stuffed Fables first).

Finished painting the Frost Giant Queen now to base and attach her to it. Basing is in progress. Started the Dark Elves tonight. 

• Like 10

I haven't been able to paint in January yet!

Birthday's, Visits, Choirs, not in the mood etc..

Blergh! :zombie:

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

On 1/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, SparrowMarie said:
On 1/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, SparrowMarie said:

For the year, probably forgot somethings:

0101191205.thumb.jpg.21cfe7bb6d4c8bdfd3a8ec75b67ad324.jpg

ETA:

Things I forgot:

• The Maiden (Paper Boat)
  • Finish SoB wave 2
  • Start Forbidden Fortress when it arrives.
  • Paint all the Bones giants that we have and are getting.
  • Shaerileth, Spider Demoness
  • 1 or more of my personal projects (Probably start and finish painting Stuffed Fables first).

Finished painting the Frost Giant Queen now to base and attach her to it. Basing is in progress. Started the Dark Elves tonight. 

Haha! Finally figured out how to quote with more than one quote box, it's only taken... 4 years... Anyway. It's almost the end of the month, how'd that happen! I have finished:

• Frost Giant Queen! Show off imminent. 
  • Bathalian D'Khul
  • Ghould Queen

I started the Dark Elves but have made little progress because I failed to prep them properly and I'm fighting them.

• Like 9

On 1/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Here we go again!

• Finish the Welcome to the Jungle Project.
  • Finish the Terradon and Centipede that go on that.
  • Work on La Charra.
  • Start on a Backdrop Photoboard for my Nippon Project.
  • Start on a Egyptian Undead mini for my Shifting Sands Project.

Two down!

And instead of starting on the last two I started on a pirate for the Lost World and a female monk and an undead necromancer for the Nippon project.

• Like 10

My goal for the rest of January:

Finish the Clockwork Dragon (77177 Wyrmgear)

Finish my PC for once, he's been almost finished all danged month (01607 Elanter the Lost Prince)

Begin painting Father Dagon (77590 Father Dagon)

• Like 9

22 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Begin painting Father Dagon (77590 Father Dagon)

I had to read this three times to realize you weren't saying, "Father Dragon." :lol:

2019 Goals:

- Put some more work in my practicing skintones thread. I have about 20 minis in there that I'd like to have practiced!

- I started Ma'al last November. I would like to have him done by the end of the year. 

- Sculpt some faces and people! 

Hmmm. December and January were so busy, I was barely on the forums or painting. Holidays, family, doctor appointments, brain fogginess, sleeeeeep.

January Goals:

- Repair and repaint a ceramic statue for my grandmother. I did finish that yesterday!

- Paint my friend's mini.

- Paint the Bones Black Owlbear.

- Finish painting the Tablescapes Dungeon and Mines tiles. I wanted to do a million things with them, but I really just need to sit down and paint them how they are. Not every project needs extra flair, Mori! :blush: 

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 10

For the year...probably moving house February, so that puts a crimp in my plans. <_<:grr:
-Gonna finish Fr. Dagon, start Wyrmgear.
-Finish the Spacefuture photography (and get and paint those Space Mouslings to go with it)
-Finish photographing the Arkham and Pulp Adventure crew (Asylum/hospital staff, Chinese and Russian  fellows)
-Finish sculpting and painting Professor Pongo, the World's Smartest Orangutan.
-Purchase, paint, and photograph a Bradbury & Burton Circus (Chronoscope supers and carnies, Killer Clowns, mutants, animals)
-Start photographing fantasy minis!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Rigel said:

For the year...probably moving house February, so that puts a crimp in my plans. <_<:grr:

Having just done that in mid-November, I'd expect so.  At least use the opportunity to ensure that you clear out the stuff that's no longer needed/wanted BEFORE you move...

Meanwhile, I put a final varnish coat on 10 figures on Friday, so I'll have gotten something done this month.

• Like 11

I've got 8 figures completed, and got sidetracked by terrain.  Hoping to get photos taken this weekend. 

• Like 9