Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 8, 2019

Have you ever backed or created a Kickstarter?

Backed:  Yes

Created: No.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Backed, oh yes many.

Created, no, but I did create things that were part of one. Underground lasers did an MDF terrain KS several years back, there were a bunch of small terrain pieces that I had designed. Mostly food stands and a few other random things. 

• Like 8

On 1/2/2019 at 12:45 AM, Corsair said:

January 2, 2019   What is your favorite sport and do you have a team that is your favorite?

Watching?  I'm fond of baseball.  When I was growing up, I was fond of the Philadelphia Phillies and the Chicago Cubs.  Nowadays?  The Durham Bulls.  (Sure, they're not Major League, but who cares?)

On 1/2/2019 at 11:16 PM, Corsair said:

January 3, 2019   What is your Dream Car?

Something safe, has good storage capacity, and decent gas mileage.  I wonder if Volvo still does station wagons.

On 1/3/2019 at 11:14 PM, Corsair said:

Question for January 4, 2019

What term or catch phrase drives/drove you crazy?

"That's what she said."  Because I'm not twelve, and the people who are saying this also aren't twelve and should know better.

"It is what it is."  I feel like there are two different ways this goes.  Sometimes this is just the way of things, and that's fine.  But, other times, the speaker has resigned themselves to the existence of a problem and has no interest in putting forth the effort to actually fix it.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:49 PM, Corsair said:

Question for January 5, 2019

Have you ever used a CB [citizen band] radio?

No.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:13 PM, Corsair said:

For January 6, 2019

What other hobbies do you have?

I'm short on hobbies right now.  I don't really have time for them.

I suppose my hobbies (other than miniature painting) is playing computer games, although that's not something I spend much time on.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Backed - oh yes, much to my wife's chagrin.   Created - no.   But I do have a project in the works that I may Kickstart at some point.  I have the project itself about 25% done, and I've done a bunch of the initial planning for the KS itself. 

• Like 8

On 1/6/2019 at 11:30 PM, Corsair said:

For January 7, 2019

What is your favorite mini?

I'll answer a different question, because it's simpler, and it's something I can actually think about during my lunch break.  "What is the first mini you saw that made you say 'I've got to paint that'?"

My answer: 03311: Rhaine, Rogue.

Maybe I should paint her for ReaperCon this year.

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

Backed?  Yes.  Created?  No.

How many have I backed?  "20."

How many do I think I might be disappointed on?  2.  Relic Knights and a visual novel game.  The person doing the visual novel game has been suffering from depression but is trying to communicate so we may see something yet.  (And if they're depressed, taking care of themselves is much, much more important than a video game.)  Relic Knights has been a larger disappointment and there's been no communication for months now.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.

• Like 9

On 1/6/2019 at 9:30 PM, Corsair said:

For January 7, 2019

What is your favorite mini?

I'm not sure if I have a favorite mini or not? I'm not even sure I have a favorite sculptor. Since going to ReaperCon & meeting almost all of the sculptors Reaper has used I've gotten to know most of them as friends & such. Again, I really don't have a favorite, but possibly the DYoM (M in this case being Mouseling), that Gene Van Horne gave me at last year's RCon, may top that list. I'll try & get a picture up soon.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:49 PM, Corsair said:

Question for January 5, 2019

Have you ever used a CB [citizen band] radio?

I have not. Back in HS, a friend's dad had one set up at his place, but we never played with it. Funny, as I use to like a song when was younger that featured a CB ("Teddy Bear" by Red Sovine, 1979)

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have but I'm not that involved with KS. I'll back a Reaper one whenever its up thou.

Created, nope!

HOBBIES: (knew I missed one)

besides mini painting,

RPGs, mainly D&D.

scale models, mostly car models but I also like sc-fi (mainly Star Wars & Star Trek vehicles).

3d printing

video games, thou since I my older, more powerful computer died many years ago, I really haven't played that much. Phone, really only 1 game on that I play.

hobby paint collector (not really a hobby, but hey how else can I explain all the paint I have!!!!!) 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, haldir said:

DYoM (M in this case being Mouseling), that Gene Van Horne gave me at last year's RCon,

Okay, you HAVE to share this with us!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have backed one Kickstarter campaign that a friend of mine started. It did not succeed. Frankly, it was a poor idea and I didn't contribute much but felt like if I didn't contribute something, then I would be a poor friend. 

I have never created one either because I have no valuable idea to fund. Tragically. 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

I've backed around 40, of which 1 failed to fund, another funded but ran into some licensing issues and issued a refund, and 2 straight up failed to deliver.  The rest either delivered or I expect to.  I have not created any.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm not sure if I have a favorite mini or not? I'm not even sure I have a favorite sculptor. Since going to ReaperCon & meeting almost all of the sculptors Reaper has used I've gotten to know most of them as friends & such. Again, I really don't have a favorite, but possibly the DYoM (M in this case being Mouseling), that Gene Van Horne gave me at last year's RCon, may top that list. I'll try & get a picture up soon.

Yes! Everyone is just so awesome and has their own way of sculpting that it's hard to even pick a favorite style haha. And that mouseling was phenomenal!! :wub:

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

Together, Husband and myself have backed...many Kickstarters. Never created.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 9, 2019

What is your favorite proverb or saying?

"If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid."

This is from Murphy's Laws of Combat, as published in Command Magazine, issue 13.

• Like 10