15 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Take a Guess!

And not just any sort of dog...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for January 23, 2019

Dog or Cat?

Yes. Also, one of those cute bearded dragons, a cute, pretty snek, possibly one of those adorable birds, a tarantula, and a TURTLE! 

The dog should be large and fluffy by preference. The cat should be as dumb as possible, for humour... oh wait, that's my current cat :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dog or Cat?

I refuse to choose XD

I love dogs, and I love cats. I've had both my entire life. While I dedicate my free time to helping cats for charity, that is partially because there are no dog charities in my town, so that was a proximity based decision. I also have 2 cats and 0 dogs, because I live in a masonette with no direct garden access and over the past few years have grown increasingly "houseproud" so cats are definitely less messy compared to the sort of dog I like! 

• Like 9

One day, I will finish the basement and have a dog.

Dogs are necessary.

Cats are ok, I don't hate them, but they're not nearly as enjoyable to have around as dogs, and at least one person in my house is highly allergic to cats.

So, dogs.

If I had my way, something like a Rottweiler or an Anatolian Shepherd...but more likely something like a Sheltie. Almost certainly a shelter mutt (hence the "something like").

And eventually I'd like to get another snake. But those don't usually have fur, so they don't count for this question?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dog or Cat?

Cat.  Most dogs are great too, though.

• Like 7

I speak both.

We have cat allergies in the family, though, so we only know them through neighbors and friends. The last three cats I encountered were a feral female and her sole surviving but subsequently very well fed kitten nesting in a den dug under our front steps, which the neighbors had been trying to locate to clean up and adopt (result: success); and a stray drinking from our birdbath who started purring and ran up me and wrapped itself around my neck when I approached (result: ambiguous).

I have had a love-love relationship with dogs all my life, as have our children, but again, we know them from friends and family, not ourselves.

Animals seem to react favorably towards me in general. My family teases me about it.

• Like 10

Cats do more than poop in the box. They are also really good at spreading litter around the house, puking on your seat, waking you up when they're hungry, bored, scared, have a sudden itch, and knocking stuff off things they aren't supposed to be climbing on. :winkthumbs:

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dog or Cat?

Both, all mutts and strays are welcome in my home. Currently at 3 cats and 2 dogs (I vacuum a lot). The cats are quite useful, actually. I bought a 100+ year old house about 6 years ago to fix up and it was full of vermin. Threw the biggest, meanest cat in there for a couple of days, have not seen any evidence of a mouse since. Well, I mean other than some cleaning up body parts and such after the first few days. The dogs are pretty useless though. And despite being 100 pounds versus 15, they are terrified of the cats. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Take a Guess!

Clearly it's betta splendis, because they look like they're made of glitter... At least the scales... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dog or Cat?

Dog; I've always been more of a dog person; though if I could I'd get a cat if nothing more than to take acre of the rodent issues we have each Autumn.  However, since the death of my parrot, my only pets now are gold fish; my wife cannot tolerate anything furry.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dog or Cat?

I own a dog. I have owned cats. I will never own either again.

I prefer the dog, but honestly, a child is just preferable - they can actually learn and understand some level of reasoning and don't stop learning. At best, I impose my will on a dog to get it to not do stuff I don't want it to do and in return get snuggles and wonder if it has some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. At worst, I wake up in the middle of the night because "ZOMG DAD I HEARD A SOUND OUTSIDE!", or find that he had diarhea and he is barking to tell me about it. He had a few good years between the ages 2 and 10 when mostly the worst I could complain about was he would occasionally pee somewhere when he was mad at me. Now he's old, cranky, sleeps way too much, and kind of a jerk. The bicon frise is the only breed of dog I can have with my allergies (that I want anyway), and even that is pushing it. 

Cats are just no good for my allergies, despite having lived with them for a long time. And I've never had one I would even consider remotely affectionate.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

It would also be neat to have one of those cute octopuses as a pet... the itty bitty ones. 

See my previous post about being a dnd ranger or druid. ^_^

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Dog or Cat?

This is a question that would be better asked in that Bee Keeper flame area, BUT LOVE ALL the furry & feathered folk & a couple with scales.

The cat who presently thinks of me as his person, Damnit, is an out door cat. He goes outside to relieve himself, cough up hairballs, etc.. He

saw off a coyote that was threatening Neighbor Tom's Rooster, Luther...he IS The King of The Pecan Grove after all.

• Like 9