Corsair

Getting to know you: January 2019

Okay, I will start this up, we will see just how badly I can screw it up!

January 1, 2019 What was your favorite gift you received for Christmas, and Why?

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Corsair said:

January 1, 2019 What was your favorite gift you received for Christmas, and Why?

Because, like one potato chip company's old slogan, you can't choose just one...

From parents: Russian Mints from Morden's of Winnipeg.  Mmmm, those are soooo good.  Like, a cousin refused to let dad (and his jokes) come to his wedding if he didn't bring a box of them good.

From hubby: Nintendo Switch.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Bravely done, Corsair.

My best gift was a (slightly ramshackle) shed that I can turn into a proper big airbrushing studio. Which is a skill I've been longing to improve.

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, Corsair said:

@Corsair, congratulations on becoming a Quisitor. You poor bugger.

As for my Christmas gift, I haven't received it. My friend ordered me the Dragon & Stocking, Christmas Mockingbeast, and Fairy Garland, and I'll have them as soon as Canada Post comes back from their holidays.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

I have not received anything yet. Not really. My boss walked around passing out $10 gift cards to the donut shop but that's kind of it.

Supposedly things are in the mail. 50/50 I'll even get the box my mother sent, she sent it UPS signature required.

• Like 10

Little things, fabric and craft stuff from DH and friends. Stuff I will actually use and not have sitting around gathering dust. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hard to choose...I got several great gifts from my girl, vixens and youngest vixen's boyfriend.

If I have to choose I think it will be a shirt my girl got me.

It fits perfectly.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Two for me both from SIL and family:

0101191302.thumb.jpg.185b047372ce0ae91729ef4ac0a72103.jpg0101191303.thumb.jpg.23aa1f77f09438509e3c8a58be65fee3.jpg

• Like 11

Well I didn't get many but I guess the stuffed squirrel doorstop. It's  grey with various patterns for the materials used. I'll try & post a pic later.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

I got a LOT of miniatures which is obviously awesome- though the shelf of shame is starting to bow under the weight of what's there already! I also can tell I'm starting to get old because some of my other favourite gifts include a very soft dressing gown and a pair of skechers (once a waitress, always a fan!)

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

A simple answer as I only received the one thing :)

Oldest spawn and his gf gave the wife and I movie and dinner gift cards with a cute pair of T-Rex salt and pepper shakers on the side.

• Like 9

I didnt get much but my favorite was a case of Melinda's XXXXtra Hot Pepper Sauce.  

Yes, I said a case.  I eat a LOT of hot sauce and in my opinion it is by far the best hot sauce.  Not just heat but tons of flavor. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Unfortunately, my wife and I had to remove a pair of pine trees from our front yard two weeks before Christmas due to a fungal infection. So that was our gift to ourselves. Shame too, I loved those trees. But my folks got us a nice Le Cruset Dutch oven. We've each cooked a meal in it and man that bad boy is nice. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Band of Brothers DVD. That's a historical series done right and I haven't seen it in years. The only thing annoying me is that there are no english subtitles. If I try to watch it when the kids are screaming I have to crank the volume to hear the talking and then we get realistic levels of artillery noise when the shooting starts. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

I didnt get much but my favorite was a case of Melinda's XXXXtra Hot Pepper Sauce.  

Yes, I said a case.  I eat a LOT of hot sauce and in my opinion it is by far the best hot sauce.  Not just heat but tons of flavor. 

Flavour is arguably the most important thing about a hot sauce, in my opinion. ^_^

• Like 9