Sign in to follow this  
PaganMegan

Skyrim Mods?

Getting back into Skyrim after a few years.

Does anybody have some recommendations for mods?

At this point, the only ones I have running are Interesting NPCs, Deadly Dragons, Deadly Dragons Armory, a body mod, and the unofficial patch.

Sooner or later Grump will play too, but I am looking at mods for me.

Grump tends to get houses and "immersion" mods. He has a mod for Oblivion that adds CLOCKS and another that adds "interesting" landscapes!

I want things that make adventuring more interesting, not so I can play tourist.

I'll leave the beautification project to Grump, but I wouldn't mind some nice clothes.

• Like 3

I found one for a summonable ethereal horse, so I wouldn't feel bad about a dragon eating my actual horse. Also made potions weigh less - stuff like that. Been a while since I played though. 

• Like 1

There is a summonable horse already in game if you have Dawnguard DLC. Arvak. Comes from a quest in the Soul Cairn. 

Purely for fun go and watch the videos of the Mod that turns all the Dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage. Well worth it. 

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of the "Live Another Life" alternate start mod. There are a bunch of different starting locations and equipment for the different races and factions. Pretty good if you get bored with playing the Helgen vanilla start.

• Like 1

I rather like "Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips".  It has no impact to the gameplay at all.  It only replaces the text on the loading screens.  And some of the messages are hilarious.

23 hours ago, Auberon said:

I haven't played for awhile, but I was playing with STEP.  If you are feeling crazy, here is a link to the wiki that will tell you how to install everything.  The wiki does not contain mods, but it does have links to everything on the Nexus.

Yikes!

That is a very involved procedure, just to install the mods! *EDIT* Doesn't look like our current computers have the needed chops.

Not sure our computers are up to it any even.

And, uhm, I was going to recommend a house.... :unsure:  (Autumn Lodge.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

43 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yikes!

That is a very involved procedure, just to install the mod!

Not sure our computers are up to it any even.

And, uhm, I was going to recommend a house.... (Autumn Lodge.)

The Auld Grump

Well, heavily modded Skyrim games can get pretty buggy.  STEP is just a way to get 200 mods made by various people over the course of a few years to play well together and not CTD.  Even if you guys don't go for just the core, there are a lot of good mods in their list to grab and use.

If anyone reading is installing mods and not using Mod Organizer (1 or 2) I would recommend looking into it.  It has a handy feature which allows you to create profiles for each character, so your wizard could have one set of mods while your fighter has another set, and you can just switch between them as you wish.  I'll just let Gopher sell you on it (he has a whole series if anyone is interested).

https://youtu.be/j4ZQpzf_iAE