Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      Sorry for being away from the Forum for so long.

So ... how does one pronounce "peryton"? 
      I've usually said it like "keratin" (stress on the first syllable), but I suppose it could rhyme with "enlighten" (stress on the second syllable) instead.
      I realized only weeks ago that I had been mispronouncing "wyvern" all my life, and the first syllable is long like "five", not short like "shiv".

Anyway...
      I taught a class called "Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class at ReaperCon 2018.
      I used the Bones peryton as a demonstration, because of the big feathered wings.
      The first-edition Monster Manual gives the coloration of a peryton as blue-black head, black horns, green wings, and blue chest (male) or drab chest (female).
      I showed my students pictures of real hawks and falcons, most of which have dark tips on their wing feathers, and sometimes a series of dark stripes. 
      Then I painted one of the peryton's wings to have stripes like that (black on green).

Now I've decided to paint the whole figure, to at least a good tabletop standard.
      I attached it to a 50mm round base, sculpted some extra rocks, and sculpted the skeleton of a past victim (a Reaper pewter skull, plus bones made from putty).
      Perytons bite the hearts out of their prey, so I made the skeleton's ribcage open/broken in front.

Here's how my version looked after I spent 2 hours slapping on Black Brush-on Primer and White Brush-on Primer, to establish the overall values.
      The primer didn't fully cover the striped green wing from my ReaperCon class.

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By Bit_Green
      Hello, this is my first post on the reaper forums.
      I wanted to share my most recently painted miniature, the Ogre Guard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      The base is made out of a 74036: 2" Round Base, some apoxie sculpt for the rocks, green flocking and some army painter grass tufts.

I picked this figure because while he is intimidating, he hasn't started attacking yet.
      This monster fits the look of both wild beast or gentle giant.

• By viking_hank
      I bought 4 faceless horrors painted OD green. After soaking them in SG for three days I still couldn’t get the paint off. So I decided to leave one green and repaint the other 3. One is done in purple/pink/white, one purple/brown/pale flesh, the other is purple/pinks/flesh. All the teeth are polished bone and linen white. Eyes are either clear red, fire orange, or sun yellow. Every one got clear coat to look slimy. Pic heavy. 

• By golldan
      This troll has been sitting for a year half painted, finally finished him. Any suggestions welcome.

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      I have not shown anything for a long time. And I have not painted anything for a couple of months. Finally I had a couple of hours of free time and painted that Bones Vampire. As usually, all I'm aiming for is tabletop "quality".
      For a first mini after a month-long break, done in a couple of hours I'm quite satisfied. I think I'm going to do a bit more with the inner side of the cape (more highlights). Any constructive criticism welcome.

• Who's Online   47 Members, 0 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)