Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Bones Black and CAV

Cavboss, I received my first Bones Black today along with my CAVs. This material is really impressive on inspection. Since it was free, I tossed the Owlbear around, onto a tile floor, etc and there was no damage. It holds detail very well, could this be something to be considered for CAVs in the future? Maybe just for the BIG ones, etc even?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Cavboss, I received my first Bones Black today along with my CAVs. This material is really impressive on inspection. Since it was free, I tossed the Owlbear around, onto a tile floor, etc and there was no damage. It holds detail very well, could this be something to be considered for CAVs in the future? Maybe just for the BIG ones, etc even?

This is the same material we had already switched to last year with the release of the Enforcer CAV and will be used for all of the new figures coming out for CAV KS 3. Unfortunately we cannot use it for any other figure we have already released as the process to cast with it requires a different type of mold.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

This is the same material we had already switched to last year with the release of the Enforcer CAV and will be used for all of the new figures coming out for CAV KS 3. Unfortunately we cannot use it for any other figure we have already released as the process to cast with it requires a different type of mold.

This is very cool news! While I only went with paint on the last fulfilled KS, I did get the Enforcer & was impressed with the quality of the material & detail.

• Like 2