Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Is the USPS affected by the current government shutdown?

I ask because the tracking status of my latest Reaper order doesn’t seem to be changing since it was picked up by the USPS.

• Like 1

USPS is unaffected.

Now US Customs... they're affected to heck and back. However, since the vast most of those employees are 'essential' there wouldn't be much of a slowdown in parcel shipping. Until, of course, the fact that they're all working without pay causes people to walk off the job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Now US Customs... they're affected to heck and back. However, since the vast most of those employees are 'essential' there wouldn't be much of a slowdown in parcel shipping. Until, of course, the fact that they're all working without pay causes people to walk off the job.

Although, relatedly, hundreds of TSA screeners have called out sick now, rather than work without pay. I am not in any way a fan of the TSA, but I would think they would be considered "essential," too, so... there it is, I guess. Patience ended.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I ask because the tracking status of my latest Reaper order doesn’t seem to be changing since it was picked up by the USPS.

We have seen a drastic drop in tracking updates and delivery delays since prior to Thanksgiving.

This is common this time of year and tends to resolve in another week or so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The tracking service your invoice system uses does not update as quickly as pasting the actual number on the USPS.COM site.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

The tracking service your invoice system uses does not update as quickly as pasting the actual number on the USPS.COM site.

True, however both are seeing significant delays in updates this time of year.

And just for accuracy,  it is the postage software, not invoice system.

• Like 3