7 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Great colors, and those gnarled spooky trees are amazing especially the bark texture! 

Thanks, Rigel. I am happy you like him.

The Tree with the Faces is a living oak branch. The others are homegrown.

• Like 4

He looks quite at home in the spooky woods, though perhaps a little startled by the appearance of a few mushroom residents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Inarah said:

He looks quite at home in the spooky woods, though perhaps a little startled by the appearance of a few mushroom residents. 

Thanks for the reply, Inarah. Now that you mention it he does look right at home in The Woods.

He looks a lot like how I imagine my old PC/NPC, Malefactus, would look...well not quite as seedy, but close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love the woods! The wizard is awesome too (the mushroom is a great touch) but I particularly like the terrain. I've been noticing trees a lot lately, and yours are really well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, wasn’t he a delightful surprise!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Loim said:

He's really fantastic.

Thanks for the response, Liam...the morale boost is appreciated. I am happy you like him.

12 hours ago, bluecrowlaura said:

I love the woods! The wizard is awesome too (the mushroom is a great touch) but I particularly like the terrain. I've been noticing trees a lot lately, and yours are really well done.

I am delighted you like the Woods.The idea came from Hecate's Garden. I have run out of room for boards, but I have plans for more photo stages. The Spooky Woods is a favorite photo site for me.

I am happy you like the Wizard, but the terrain/trees/& such are my love. Thanks for the reply, bluecrowlaura. If you need any help with your terrain, let me know.

11 hours ago, Pingo said:

Well, wasn’t he a delightful surprise!

I really had no intention of painting The Wizard yesterday. I was surprised to find him done at day's end.

I am very please you find him delightful, Pingo. Thanks for the kind reply.

10 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Very nice, and I love how the jewel on his clasp came out!

Thanks, 72moonglum. I am glad you like him & noticed the gem. G.W. had a little how-to on painting gems that I have employed for years now.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 3

wizards have a way of making you do things you weren't intending:> I really like seeing your rich colors on a human form - his robe is so beautiful - he looks like this isn't his first time in the forest - maybe he needs some ingredients or a bit of special wood....

• Thanks 1

I love his oh so, blue beard. Nice contrast with the orangey-red robe-tunic. 

I wish I could paint paint black or dark, dark, grey as nicely as his cloak and hood  turned out. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, malefactus said:

I am delighted you like the Woods.The idea came from Hecate's Garden. I have run out of room for boards, but I have plans for more photo stages. The Spooky Woods is a favorite photo site for me.

I am happy you like the Wizard, but the terrain/trees/& such are my love. Thanks for the reply, bluecrowlaura. If you need any help with your terrain, let me know.

Great! I can't wait to see more. And I may very well message you sometime about terrain, especially trees. They're a real challenge to do well.

• Thanks 1

Great work on this Vistaril Quillscratch. I love the gold and red on the contrasting black cloak, it gives him a grim look.

He might be one of the reason why the Spooky Woods are so hazardous.

• Thanks 1