Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

has anyone used woodland scenics rock molds with hot glue

I also used a different method for the large piece- cerulean ink(opaque) on both front and back, and highlighted the same way. A slightly different look.

20190112_154437.jpg

• Like 3

You are turning out some very good looking pieces, this is a nice technique to add to the toolbox.

• Thanks 1

Wowzers!  That's turning out a lot more impressive than I envisioned happening with hot glue.  :D  I take it that Hydrocal is too much trouble given the quantities bags are sold in, and the area you'd have to set aside for building?  (I used to get by with Durham's water putty, but I've found that that stuff seems to be exceedingly attractive to silverfish and other small bugs, and most of my old water-putty castings I made the mistake of storing in the garage have been chewed beyond recognition.  I even had this weird phenomenon where some I had painted with thick layers of house paint got hollowed out -- the dry "putty" had been eaten away but with just enough left anchored by the seeps of latex house paint that it was able to hold its shape.  I've toyed with the idea of salvaging those pieces with some other, less bug-friendly, material as filler, but at that point it would probably just be easier to re-cast and start over.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, plaster is a hassle because I'm at my Inlaws, using g their basement.i have to clean st the end of everyday because shes super allergic to the cats who are also living there. One cat always tries to escape, and I'd need to leave for supplies and to clean up, which makes chasing after her pote tial for even more cleaning and I have a 5 month old, which means I have to go running often. This is more contained and happens in steps so no big deal if I have to go.  just unplug and cover.

Edited by lexomatic
always darn autocorrect
  • Like 1