Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Hackmaster/Ral Partha Elf Magic User throwing fireball

Another awesome paintjob!

I love the way you paint the faces on these minis, so much character!

• Like 1

He is an elegant miniature, BEAUTIFULLY painted. Your brushwork & color choices are WONDERFUL...the green fire seems to fit an Elf Wizard perfectly. VERY WELL DONE!

Beautiful - very expressive face. I like the simplicity of the figure and how your rich colors and blending make them pop.

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Another awesome paintjob!

I love the way you paint the faces on these minis, so much character!

Thank you Glitterwolf! I've always believed that the eyes on a miniature will either make or break him.  If you can get some decent eyes, just about everything else after that is easy!

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

You've been doing a great job on all of these - it's a pleasure to see your work!

Thank you very much Warlady!

5 hours ago, malefactus said:

He is an elegant miniature, BEAUTIFULLY painted. Your brushwork & color choices are WONDERFUL...the green fire seems to fit an Elf Wizard perfectly. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus, once I chose the shirt color, the autumn colors just followed suit.  One of these days I'll do some spell effect with natural flame, but I seem to have a thing for green fire.

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful - very expressive face. I like the simplicity of the figure and how your rich colors and blending make them pop.

Thanks Iridil!  Some of the nice thing with lots of the older figures is that they are relatively simple and straightforward.  Don't get me wrong, I like figures with "stuff" on them too, but simpler figures make for quicker painting, and there seems to be an elegance with the bare minimum of their character class, like this one, instead of having a thousand little bags, straps, cinches, et cetera covering them.

• Like 2

Do it! Do the OSL! I recently did a green magic OSL effect and would be happy to offer my thoughts if you like.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1