Pochi

Shambling Mound

Holy cow! It came out amazing! I'm not sure I've seen a nicer Shambling Mound. I really like all the different greens and the contrast between the green and brown parts. Superb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Holy cow! It came out amazing! I'm not sure I've seen a nicer Shambling Mound. I really like all the different greens and the contrast between the green and brown parts. Superb.

Thank you! He's pretty fun to paint!

• Like 1

That's a Wiz Kids I wasn't aware of - just when I've decided to leave them alone and concentrate on my three (soon to be four) Bones kickstarters I find another one I need. Nice work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

She/He/Whatever is a BEAUTY in her/his/its own fashion. The extra foliage supplies the certain something to the miniature. Your brushwork, basing & eye for colors is OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE indeed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank looks beautiful. I love how nuanced the shades of green are. How long did that take?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Thank looks beautiful. I love how nuanced the shades of green are. How long did that take?

It took my first session to basecoat everything because I used a few different greens and then different green washes. Then my next paint session I worked on highlighting, shading, and details. I'm not a fast painter, I probably worked on it for about 10 hours or so. I'm guessing because I would put him down while I was waiting for washes to dry and stuff like that.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

I went and got this mini specifically so I can steal the heck out of your beautiful paint scheme and basing. :wub:

Hope you don't mind. ::P:

Thank you! Have fun! There are lots of vines and branches and leaves and mushrooms and stuff all over him! Post your results when you finish him!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 3vil3lvis
      Since beholders destroy things that they look at ...it seemed fitting to adapt the title from Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley.

I happened upon 2 beholders at my local game shop. The first was painted with a generic beholder color scheme and the second as Xanathar and Sylgar.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      In an effort to stave off "Dwarf Fatigue", figured I'd attempt something different alongside.

Wizkids Female Rogues. I've painted these before for some coworkers, and found the one on the right to be extremely frustrating do to how the cloak hung. After some lurking about on the Wzkids thread it dawned on me to use the same "hot water/cold water" technique as for Bones on them. After a resounding "D'oh!" I did so and got good results. They've been hit with some watered down Sepia Wash, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of the mold lines. The color scheme I have in mind is the one on the left will be a recreation of the one I gifted to Eleven Coworker, as the sculpt is basically a mini me version of her, and the one on the right will be done in the style of the Dark Brotherhood of Skyrim as her daggers have kind of a Daedric vibe to them.

Wizkids Female Barbarians. I haven't previously painted these and am currently undecided as to go with a series of browns/greys on them or if I should attempt to give a certain Stormcloak or Middenheimer vibe to them by adding blues in. 

• By Adrift
      Completed these in the past week or so. Wanted the Dire Wolf's fur to look unnatural; the quality of this particular Wizkids sculpt wasn't as good as I've experienced with the few others I've painted.

The Bones Black Owlbear was a pleasure to paint; mostly just washes and dry-brushing. I've noticed that oftentimes people paint the pupils on owlbears to be too large, much like an actual owl. I've found that this diminishes the 'ferocity and scariness' of the owlbear by making it look more surprised.

• By Adrift
      Picked up the pair of Thri-Kreen from the FLGS last week. Decided to paint them up for my DND game as a pair of bounty hunters set to capture the group running in my game. They are, as of yet, unaware that there is a bounty on their heads.

• By Nial ap Morai
      Wanted to see how the WizKids preprimed figs were, I was going to use it unpainted since it was plastic but also need to kill time between my other figs drying, so I gave it a shot.  Came out fine for my tabletop game.  Will try some of the hordes of reaper bones I’ve stockpiled from the kickstarters.  I’ve always been concerned about the paint flaking from pieces bending 

• Who's Online   36 Members, 4 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)