Sign in to follow this  
Brianuk

54mm toy orcs painted as ogres

Brought these 54mm scale Russian plastic toy orcs from ebay (they are by a popular company over there called Tehnolog) and painted them up as ogres. Will use the ogres obviously for d and d but also rangers of Shadow Deep. I need to base them up and also bring up the highlights a touch. I used a black wash on these (not usual sepia or umber browns) as wanted them to look dark rather than muddy. 

20190115_175224.jpg

20190115_175205.jpg

• Like 22

3 hours ago, Marineal said:

Those are great! What did they look like before?

I might need to get some of those!

thank you - they are single piece, unbased, and come in a pack of 4 (all different poses( in metallic green plastic. These aren't converted at all. That plastic isn't as bendy as say Reaper Bones or toy soldier plastic. Sometimes the paint started to fleck away but that could just be my primer (Vallejo). I am happy with them. The company does some 30mm ones and also some 'Chibi' style minis. Look on Ebay for "Tehnolog". 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Brianuk said:

thank you - they are single piece, unbased, and come in a pack of 4 (all different poses( in metallic green plastic. These aren't converted at all. That plastic isn't as bendy as say Reaper Bones or toy soldier plastic. Sometimes the paint started to fleck away but that could just be my primer (Vallejo). I am happy with them. The company does some 30mm ones and also some 'Chibi' style minis. Look on Ebay for "Tehnolog". 

Those are amazing! And I'm even more impressed with your paintjob now that I've seen the base models! Great work!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Prex
      I finally got around to painting up one of the ogres from the last kickstarter. I went with a nice standard paint theme, nothing too suprising. 

• By Doublesix66
      Greetings all as the summers now over I'm going to be painting again so I'm going to be painting an Adon Cav force theme that I've decided will be a jungle style Camo. I'll add to this thread as I did with the UTF force that I did earlier in the year http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78751-cav-utf-painted-force-pic-heavy/&tab=comments#comment-1678472

so heres the 1st test batch that I'll be sorting A Mantis, Kestrel, Bishop & Ogre Cavs with some ground support from Some Chieftains, Commander I & Centipede ground vechiles.

Thanks for looking hopeful to  be updating soon (just got to paint 2 blood bowl teams up 1st for friends)

• By giyomuSan
      Ok , time to put that things in the show off section.
      Did not really know what to do with naming so I though that would be funny name haha, now up to you to decide which is what :D

here last pic, did not find something suitable enough to add some exterior background so I just keep it simple here.

Wip thread here :
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81615-reaper-diorama-77254775507739977454/

Big thanks for the advice and feedback during the wip , special thanks to @Heisler , his advice helped me narrow down the scene to a state I could manage to move forward and progress on this.
      Each project is a learning experience :D ..one thing I won't do again is actually to start fight on 2 fronts, doing the scene while also doing the figure paint is a bit time consuming and make harder to focus.

Since it's a reaper Diorama , I will add it to the yearly contest as well :D..
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

All Reaper this week...

Kev!
      P.S. You must be eternally vigilant with all the vandals about...
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

All Reaper this week...

Kev!
      P.S. Hulk smash!
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)