Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Just finished sorting the container of old pro paint and partha paint I tried to save.  All of it is gone, it's super contaminated.  I hoped to save the parthas enough that even if they weren't usable I could keep them as a colour reference but they've turned, so those are no good even for that duty.  I fished out the pro paint containers and stored them in isolation until I can figure out the least messy way of retrieving the skull agitators from them.  It's a lot of little skulls, they gotta be useful for something.    

ETA:  Also, I should have worn gloves.  I'm not sure what the contamination actually is, but just from handling the paint pots my hands are red and itchy as hell.

Get some house paint grad paint strainers and pour all the paints through those.

Pour cheap paint thinner through to get as much of the dilutable residue as possible through the strainers.

Dispose of the resultant liquidish residue.

With what is left either put it on a paper towel covered tray to dry out or remove as much of the gooey stuff as you can from the strainer and then put the residue out to dry.

When dry, pick out the skulls with tweezers.  Rinse the remaining residue to check for any hiding skulls and then dispose of whatever is left.

I recommend disposal in accordance with local regulation but since this is for @buglips*the*goblin, the residual from the process may be used as the basis for anything from a thin gruel to a hearty stew.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Just finished sorting the container of old pro paint and partha paint I tried to save.  All of it is gone, it's super contaminated.  I hoped to save the parthas enough that even if they weren't usable I could keep them as a colour reference but they've turned, so those are no good even for that duty.  I fished out the pro paint containers and stored them in isolation until I can figure out the least messy way of retrieving the skull agitators from them.  It's a lot of little skulls, they gotta be useful for something.    

ETA:  Also, I should have worn gloves.  I'm not sure what the contamination actually is, but just from handling the paint pots my hands are red and itchy as hell.

Ouch. I offer my pro paints and parthas to you in tribute. They aren't in great shape, and possibly are too far gone to save, but if you want them you can have them. After all, I've been trying to give them to you for a year or two now, since I'd rather they have some chance of being used instead of just sitting unused and turning into solid lumps of plastic.

Had a weird dream.

I went to a local pizza place, that doesn't actually exist, and got yelled at for entering the queue at the pizza end rather than at the register end. Which is opposite of most pizza places where you enter at the pizza end, tell them what you want, and make your way to the register end to pay for it. So I apologized, went to the register end, and tried to order 2 slices of pizza only to be told that I had to order 10 slices if I wanted anything. So I left. Then I run into a couple friends who want to go eat, and they want that pizza place. So we go back. They walk up to the pizza end, order their slices, walk to the register, pay, and sit down. I try to do the same, and the same guy who yelled at me before yells at me and then refuses to let me order pizza because "we're out of pepperoni" when there's half of a pepperoni pizza sitting under the lamps and in plain view still. So I go off on him, demanding to talk to the manager. He's the store manager. So I demand a contact number for the district or regional manager, since it's a chain, and he tries to tell me that he's the district manager too. I get even more angry, pull out my phone, and start looking for their corporate contacts. Turns out, the same guy that is ticking me off is also their head of marketing or something.

It continued until I ended up smashing the guy's face off of the cash register a few times, grabbing my slices of pizza, and setting fire to the store while he was laying unconscious on the floor. Then as I'm walking out the CEO, who looks like Lucky Luciano, pulls up to hand me a check for $5 million because "That guy was an broccoli and we've been trying to get rid of him for years. You just did us a huge favor. Don't worry, we'll say an oven exploded and no one will ever question it."

So apparently it was a pizza shop run by a dead 1940's mafioso and I whacked someone for him in a way that the family couldn't be blamed, so I got paid a fat "settlement" for the treatment I received at the shop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 2

Rebuilt my toilet tank in what is practically a yearly ritual. I'd like to replace the whole toilet and have it pay for itself in about 3 or 4 years, but I can't because the plumbing in this house is so old that I can't use new toilet mounting rings on my old sewage trunk.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

All ready to cook fajitas for game tonight.

Weird how when players offer to bring dinner I still do a lot of the cooking <_<

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Weird how when players offer to bring dinner I still do a lot of the cooking <_<

Is that because the players bring bad food? Or not enough food?

Homework is boring. I would rather be building minis... 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Is that because the players bring bad food? Or not enough food?

Homework is boring. I would rather be building minis... 

They're bringing half the meal. We agreed on Mexican (tacos), they said they're take care of it all, and now they called ahead to say they're bringing rice and beans and I should make whatever protein I want. Also we'll need chips and salsa and tortillas and fixings and...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

They're bringing half the meal. We agreed on Mexican (tacos), they said they're take care of it all, and now they called ahead to say they're bringing rice and beans and I should make whatever protein I want. Also we'll need chips and salsa and tortillas and fixings and...

That doesn't sound like "half the meal" to me... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You know I have tried to set aside my sci find setting and just can not seem to do it. It is still trying to get out of my head. It is Killin me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yeah, I end up cooking pretty much every week, even when the food is provided by someone else.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

You know I have tried to set aside my sci find setting and just can not seem to do it. It is still trying to get out of my head. It is Killin me.

Sounds like a plot line  for the Twilight Zone.

GEM

Doo - Dee - Da - Do    Doo - Dee - Da - Do

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/8/2019 at 10:41 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

I am guessing at the table - the characters have not had a chance to discuss the attempted arson, robbery, and extortion by the Blood of Vol.

Also, it is likely that the rest of the party is wi... wow, I just realized - it is not directed to the agency - it is addressed to my character specifically.

Under his code name during the War.

Which implies that Karrnath, or at least someone in their Intelligence, knows both who my character is, and who he was.

And wants me to know that they know.

Nice touch! Listening to Harry Lime is paying off!

Why send one message, when you can send two - before the envelope is even opened?! :blues:

Going to open it in game, but may choose a moment when my character is separate from the party. Explosive Runes means never having to say you're sorry.... ::P:

The Auld Grump

That was... unexpected - against my advice, we went to the Karrnathian Embassy.

Where it turned out that the person that sent me the invitation was Kaius III - military dictator of Karrnath. Who used that age old tactic of 'putting myself in your power to put you at ease' - outright telling us that his guards were far enough away that we could easily 'put me to the steel before my guards could reach you.'

Balancing this is something that I know that my character does not - Kaius III is actually Kaius I - and a vampire. So his appearing to put himself in our power is only that - an appearance.

That said, he has some brass ones.

It seems that since shortly after his disappearance, my mentor has been performing a task at the behest of Kaius III - against the Blood of Vol, which have been garnering far too much power within Karrnath. Needed allies during the war - when Karrnath relied on undead troops to bolster its forces.

And while needed allies, Kaius III has '...personal... reasons' to wish them weakened within his lands.

Unfortunately, my mentor has disappeared again, after messaging that he had gotten the information needed.

And that he was last seen booking passage to Sharn... with no confirmation of either his departure or his arrival.

When we left the Embassy, via carriage, I quickly realized that we were being followed.

Julie's character cast Protection from Missiles on the driver - just in time, as the goons in the shay chasing us opened fire on the driver and the horses - killing the horses, but rebounding from the shielded driver.

I leapt from the still moving carriage - and gained the roof of the pursuing shay - hurling one of the gunmen off of the vehicle, and trying (but failing) to disarm the second gunman.

I took a shot in the ensuing scuffle - but managed to hurl the second gunman onto the road, as the party Webbed the driver and horses.

Which allowed time for a screaming raging flaming barbarian to come into play on the next round, while the dwarf gunslinger took shots as the opportunity arose....

Sadly - none of our pursuers survived - either falling in combat, or biting down on poison filled capsules before being taken prisoner.

So, we don't know whose agents these were - a faction withing Karrnath, the Blood of Vol, or a third part.... Yet. We do have a necromancer, so dead men can tell tales.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Well let it out before it does!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

Ouch. I offer my pro paints and parthas to you in tribute. They aren't in great shape, and possibly are too far gone to save, but if you want them you can have them. After all, I've been trying to give them to you for a year or two now, since I'd rather they have some chance of being used instead of just sitting unused and turning into solid lumps of plastic.

Had a weird dream.

I went to a local pizza place, that doesn't actually exist, and got yelled at for entering the queue at the pizza end rather than at the register end. Which is opposite of most pizza places where you enter at the pizza end, tell them what you want, and make your way to the register end to pay for it. So I apologized, went to the register end, and tried to order 2 slices of pizza only to be told that I had to order 10 slices if I wanted anything. So I left. Then I run into a couple friends who want to go eat, and they want that pizza place. So we go back. They walk up to the pizza end, order their slices, walk to the register, pay, and sit down. I try to do the same, and the same guy who yelled at me before yells at me and then refuses to let me order pizza because "we're out of pepperoni" when there's half of a pepperoni pizza sitting under the lamps and in plain view still. So I go off on him, demanding to talk to the manager. He's the store manager. So I demand a contact number for the district or regional manager, since it's a chain, and he tries to tell me that he's the district manager too. I get even more angry, pull out my phone, and start looking for their corporate contacts. Turns out, the same guy that is ticking me off is also their head of marketing or something.

It continued until I ended up smashing the guy's face off of the cash register a few times, grabbing my slices of pizza, and setting fire to the store while he was laying unconscious on the floor. Then as I'm walking out the CEO, who looks like Lucky Luciano, pulls up to hand me a check for $5 million because "That guy was an broccoli and we've been trying to get rid of him for years. You just did us a huge favor. Don't worry, we'll say an oven exploded and no one will ever question it."

So apparently it was a pizza shop run by a dead 1940's mafioso and I whacked someone for him in a way that the family couldn't be blamed, so I got paid a fat "settlement" for the treatment I received at the shop.

Nicely done. Was the place named "Vinnie's" by any chance?

• Like 6

Started in on my big ReaperCon entry that’s been in my head for a few years. Nothing physical yet. Working up a dummy Wight (CAV) first to see where I want it positioned before I start working up what the Gremlins are going to look like and be. Going for a Gulliver’s Travels-like take down. 

The cutting is going to be a nightmare on the Wight. Need to see if my styrofoam cutter has the power to go through Bones. Need a C battery for that check. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

Had a weird dream.

And I thought I had some strange dreams.

Perhaps this is connected to the doofus at work who you talked about recently as a deliberate foul up.

GEM

2 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Started in on my big ReaperCon entry that’s been in my head for a few years. Nothing physical yet. Working up a dummy Wight (CAV) first to see where I want it positioned before I start working up what the Gremlins are going to look like and be. Going for a Gulliver’s Travels-like take down. 

The cutting is going to be a nightmare on the Wight. Need to see if my styrofoam cutter has the power to go through Bones. Need a C battery for that check. 

If you aren't familiar with them you might check into a fine tooth Razor Saw and the #1 handle sized saw blades.

More work than a styrofoam cutter but they will cut anything softer than steel, and they can even be used on mild steel if you don't mind having to replace dulled blades.

GEM

• Like 4