Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

10 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Nicely done. Was the place named "Vinnie's" by any chance?

Nah. It was named something stupid, which I can't remember, but it wasn't a normal pizza shop name. I think it had something to do with hot peppers.

I'm currently extremely bored, and tired, and nothing I can do is anything I actually want to do. I don't even want to sleep, because I only woke up 5 hours ago after sleeping for almost 12.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Not real sure I could do it justice.

So? You can keep working on it after you get the bulk of it out. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

The cutting is going to be a nightmare on the Wight. Need to see if my styrofoam cutter has the power to go through Bones. Need a C battery for that check. 

You can cut normal Bones using a standard hobby knife at room temperature.  Heating the mini (e.g. by putting it in hot water for a few seconds) makes it even easier.

• Like 5

On 2/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Just got back from my Venture Crew meeting.  I now have a stack of paperwork to fill out so I can get the ball rolling on the shell company Scout Troop.  As of February 1st girls can join a Scout Troop.  More specificly they can join a female only Scout Troop.  So the female members of the Venture Crew are forming their own Troop (on paper at least) so they can work on getting their Eagle Scout awards as well as their Venture Awards (the highest Venture award, the Summit, is on par with the Eagle if not slight more difficult to obtain).  We have some very motivated ladies in the crew and the new Scout Master is an old hand at the rules and regs for Scouting, so Council will not know what is hitting them.  Just wait until we get the shell Explorer Troop up and running.

So... Now that you've spawned enough minions, you're moving onto Phase Two of your plan for World Domination?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If you aren't familiar with them you might check into a fine tooth Razor Saw and the #1 handle sized saw blades.

More work than a styrofoam cutter but they will cut anything softer than steel, and they can even be used on mild steel if you don't mind having to replace dulled blades.

GEM

1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

You can cut normal Bones using a standard hobby knife at room temperature.  Heating the mini (e.g. by putting it in hot water for a few seconds) makes it even easier.

Oh, I have done both of those techniques before, but thanks for the advice. I brought back a very fine* foam cutter from Japan, so I'm itching to use it. This cuts I need are very fiddly, and if this gets hot enough it should do well.

*Fine as in size, not quality. But what do you expect from the 100 Yen shop? But stupid simple tool, too.

• Like 6

No hobby time today but I did replace hardware in my wife’s travel laptop.  (Specifically, the DC port.  It was a $7 part.  I dislike working on laptop hardware but it was either this or buying a new low end laptop.)

• Like 6

So much for not wanting to sleep. I just slept for 2 hours. It was the quickest I've fallen asleep in a long time. Just head down and I was gone. Now I'm back awake and I should find something to do, but I don't know what.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

They're bringing half the meal. We agreed on Mexican (tacos), they said they're take care of it all, and now they called ahead to say they're bringing rice and beans and I should make whatever protein I want. Also we'll need chips and salsa and tortillas and fixings and...

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

That doesn't sound like "half the meal" to me... 

I agree, that went from "we've got it" to.... Not much at all... 

I always feel somewhat weird when I show up to a gaming session nand I'm offered food with no strings attached.  Of course I accept it, but it's also one of those "but I didn't bring anything to share!" things that makes me feel somewhat bad. 

So of course second session we brought Coca-Cola.... Only to find out they only drink diet.  And she gave us tacos, again! 

... And I kept playing my minotaur decker that, for some reason, enjoyed being stealthy, and pretending to be a bit of an aloof idiotic moron. ... That had a talking dog. Talking dog (aka wolf shifter) was hubby.  Nobody seemed to mind him and his more or less silent weapon though... ahhhh, the joys of having a compound bow, and a decent supply of regular arrows... Just enough to look like a hunter that wandered the land (because well, that's what he did...).  The sleep darts were always concealed...

But yeah, that's just...  If you clai myou have everything....  But that's just my thoughts.  I'm one of those "oh, a friend is over, I need to eat, I know they haven't eaten since they at least got here.... Plate of food is made for them too" kind of people. 

Oh, and coffee.  If you drink coffee, you don't get a choice when I make coffee, you're getting a mug of it out in front of you :p  okay, you get to choose how much sugar is out into it, and if there's a selection of beans (usually is at least three different ones in our house at any given time) you get to choose that. 

Saying no to an offered coffee is only allowed if you're a tea drinker, at which point I then "make" you choose a tea :p

...Okay,maybe I should be more understanding when surprised with... Surprise food, since I pretty much do it to my guests... 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh, and coffee.  If you drink coffee, you don't get a choice when I make coffee, you're getting a mug of it out in front of you :p  okay, you get to choose how much sugar is out into it, and if there's a selection of beans (usually is at least three different ones in our house at any given time) you get to choose that. 

Saying no to an offered coffee is only allowed if you're a tea drinker, at which point I then "make" you choose a tea :p

That sounds almost like Dr. S. Cooper’s mandatory hot beverage Rules. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The compactors at work are built into the loading docks, and are the type where they just cart away the entire container when they're full. So they have doors that open like storm cellar doors. The doors only open to 90 degree angles before coming to rest against the sides of the compactor platform.

And thus, there was only about thirty-five degrees of movement when the wind somehow managed to pick up the open door and slam it into my head... :zombie:

My hand was holding down my hat due to the wind, so the door mainly hit me on the right middle finger. That was around 11 am. And of course, I spent the rest of the day banging it against every hard surface I could find. Twelve hours later, it's mostly no longer stiff, but still a bit sensitive to pressure.

So happy I'm not working tomorrow.

• Sad 13

26 minutes ago, TGP said:

Even with a Google search, I don't get the reference... >.>;;;;;

It's more based upon the fact I feel guilty eating food (even though I'm hypoglycemic, and NEED to eat semi-regularly), or even drinking a hot beverage in front of others without at least being courteous enough to offer them one.  You are allowed to decline the beverage, but most are usually showing signs of needing... Some sort of food or drink when I offer in the first place ^_^;;;;

EDIT: Others would probably say "generous hospitality" or something, which could be it.  Who knows.  I sure don't, it's just how I am ^_^;;;;;

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

These big TV stations wonder why people are switching the netflicks and the like it because of all the stupid commercials. 10 minutes of show for 15 minutes of commercials. Crap on a cracker.

• Like 7

Just now, Colonel Kane said:

These big TV stations wonder why people are switching the netflicks and the like it because of all the stupid commercials. 10 minutes of show for 15 minutes of commercials. Crap on a cracker.

Or the fixed timeslots for shows, or that the tv guide never matches what's on, despite them programming the content AND the guide....

Or the fact cable seems to snowball into more expensive than the internet in no time....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:
32 minutes ago, TGP said:

Even with a Google search, I don't get the reference...

It is from a slightly popular US TV show. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9YwujgvR0

Sheldon has all kinds of rules about hot beverages (...it's a, very complex, running gag...)

• Like 6