Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

13 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Or the fixed timeslots for shows, or that the tv guide never matches what's on, despite them programming the content AND the guide....

Or the fact cable seems to snowball into more expensive than the internet in no time....

That too. I get they are in business to make money, but crime in Italy, we want our money too. It just makes me mad.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, TGP said:

It is from a slightly popular US TV show. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9YwujgvR0

Sheldon has all kinds of rules about hot beverages (...it's a, very complex, running gag...)

Ah, from a series I just can't wrap my head around as it's not really my thing.  Thanks for the link, it explains it enough ^_^

40 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

That too. I get they are in business to make money, but crime in Italy, we want our money too. It just makes me mad.

It's pretty much why we stopped having cable.  Well, that and we'd accept the promo offer (usually something insane like "pay $40 a month for a $100 package for six months"), but we'd grow tired of the not-flexible at all scheduling, and how they were always so hesitant to let people rent a DVR instead of the regular box...

Sure, I spent almost as much on streaming services now (probably about $30 CAD per month less), but we get to choose what we want to watch, and when.  That and good luck finding dedicated anime channels here in Canada without having to have 30 other channels tacked on, so it's rather nice to have Netflix, CrunchyRoll, Funimation, YouTube Premium (family), ~AND~ Spotify Premium (Family).  Soundcloud premium would be on there too, but their mobile app is absolute trash...

• Like 5

What drives me nuts with both cable and the streaming services is that neither one has much of what I like to watch. One of the things i miss most about the 90s is the selection at the independantly owned video rental places, which was heavy on 70s crime and explotation films, the somewhat resurgance of same in the 90s, (Love and a .45, Roadracers, A Life Less Ordinary, etc) basically a rentable grindhouse.

About ten years ago I came across Showtime Extreme, which seemed to be programmed by a clone of myself, (except that my clone was far more of a fan of the Billy Jack movies than I am), but anymore it just has become another loop for the same 10 movies played on the other Showtime stations. TCM seems to now stand for Turner Classic Musicals, (and they don't even have the decency to feature the ones with Ginger Rogers frolicking about dammit!), and of other stations the less said the better.

I had Netflix for a couple of months, and found the selection to be extremely limited and almost completely void of my preferences. Crackle, which came free on the ps3 for a while, did somewhat better but at the cost of 5 minute commerical blocks every 7 mins! (yes I timed it) So I'm finding myself in the position of having to research and track down dvds whenever I can afford them. Also there are happy young people outside trampling the grass again and it's too cold to run the hose! 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Only 10 days remain until I get my TV.  Best Buy very helpfully sent me a customer feedback survey, so I very helpfully obliged and filled it out.  

bestbuy01.jpg.f9007cc228acb25459d6e3c3a126b524.jpg

This is not the reason Mr. Thorne calls them 'Worst Buy'; he's grumpy about their utter lack of any kind of functional knowledge/customer service in the computer department. I know more than the idiots they have working there. I'm an /artist/, for weasel's sake!

This, however? This tells me we don't shop there for a LOT of good reasons...... 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:
58 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Only 10 days remain until I get my TV.  Best Buy very helpfully sent me a customer feedback survey, so I very helpfully obliged and filled it out.  

This is not the reason Mr. Thorne calls them 'Worst Buy'; he's grumpy about their utter lack of any kind of functional knowledge/customer service in the computer department. I know more than the idiots they have working there. I'm an /artist/, for weasel's sake!

This, however? This tells me we don't shop there for a LOT of good reasons...... 

Hmmmmmmmm...

https://m.yelp.com/biz/best-buy-st-johns

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Cable is annoying.  Unfortunately for reasons too long to go into my cable is ties to my landline, my internet and my wife's phone and the cost is about $20 less a month than without the cable, so the box sits there collecting dust.  I really don't know if remember how to turn it on...

As for the cereal box electronic store: I don't buy anything from them I can't walk out of the store with then and there.  Amazon and Costco are valid alternatives with better shipping records.

• Like 5

I was very sad when Chris Perkins retired as the Acquisitions Inc DM. However, I have to say that Jeremy Crawford is certainly winning me over with these first 2 that he's done. I guess it's to be expected that the other head guy for D&D knows a thing or two about running an entertaining game. I mean, the interview for those kinds of positions probably requires them to run a fun week-long campaign for the office.

• Like 6

I haven't had cable for... 15+ years at this point? Well, except for a 2 year period about 2-4 years ago where basic cable just came with the internet. I never even hooked up the box. I have Netflix, Amazon Prime (useful for a few of their own shows and for really crappy 70s+80s sci-fi/fantasy movies), and CBS for Star Trek Discovery. 

I also have coffee. 

Which is good, because it saves me from killing my older dog for somehow failing to successfully use a pee pad. She always pees on the edge of the h*cking thing, which means it gets soggy on both sides, is even worse to clean up than if she just peed on the floor... I can't even blame this on her being old, she's always been like this. I was hoping that the new spot she'd picked would make it more likely that the pad would work. I was wrong. 

*sigh*

Also, I hate group projects. Why can't half the group do their parts on time? They're supposed to be adults... this is a 400 level accounting class... 

• Like 6

Is it me?

Lately I see people joining, their first post complaining about Reaper products or Customer Service.

The things they describe are far off my own experiences with Reaper.

I wonder if this is all legit.

Mostly they also respond unfriendly when someone discusse it with them.

image.png.8e36812669687c9bdf2dea3f4b27d1e0.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Is it me?

Lately I see people joining, their first post complaining about Reaper products or Customer Service.

People seem extra cranky lately. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Well Played!

GEM

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Is it me?

And the joker who was complaining had Guindyloo sticking up for him, then he goes and rants at her! Yeesh

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

People seem extra cranky lately. 

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

And the joker who was complaining had Guindyloo sticking up for him, then he goes and rants at her! Yeesh

Completely missed this....whatever this was...

• Like 5