Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Just now, TGP said:
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

People seem extra cranky lately. 

18 minutes ago, Corsair said:

And the joker who was complaining had Guindyloo sticking up for him, then he goes and rants at her! Yeesh

Completely missed this....whatever this was...

My comment was more in general. Guindy's thing was up in Reaper General. It's now locked. 

• Like 5

Heard yesterday that somebody in the next town over has started a board games club. They're meeting up once or twice a month and inviting anybody who's interested to come check it out. I'll have to try and make it to the next meet up. Might be a good chance to meet some locals with the same interests. Could be fun to actually play a game with somebody other than my kids. 

You know it's been too cold when yesterday's -25 C with sun and no wind felt like an absolutely beautiful day. Right now is -27 C and breezy and it doesn't feel so good being outside. Luckily I'm done for the day so I can go hide in my dark hole in the basement and paint something. Until my oldest is ready to make pretzels. He's been harrassing us to do that for weeks. I've never made pretzels and not a big fan but it's good to get him cooking. 

• Like 10

I slept so much last night! I went to bed around 9pm and only woke up twice (though once was very unpleasant because I had a sudden attack of coughing). I didn't even have to get up and eat in the middle of the night. 

I think I'm gonna draw today. ^_^ 

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, TGP said:

Completely missed this....whatever this was...

Just as well.

Basically an angry troll.

Not the attitude or perspective making for "good neighbors" hereabouts.::(:

GEM

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Is it me?

Lately I see people joining, their first post complaining about Reaper products or Customer Service.

The things they describe are far off my own experiences with Reaper.

I wonder if this is all legit.

Mostly they also respond unfriendly when someone discusse it with them.

I assume this post is more prompted by the most recent post made with complaints about the Bones Black troll. If that complaint seems to come out of left field, it’s only because you’re not on Facebook seeing the many complaints regarding those figures. 

Only having good things to say is not a requirement for joining the forum and having a grievance to air doesn’t automatically make someone a troll. That assumption is what starts arguments. 

45 minutes ago, Corsair said:

And the joker who was complaining had Guindyloo sticking up for him, then he goes and rants at her! Yeesh

That rant wasn’t directed at me. I think it only appears that way because he quoted something that I had quoted, so the system attributed it to me. 

Either way, I didn’t take offense and it was an unfortunate ordeal that doesn’t need to be rehashed.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Is it me?

Lately I see people joining, their first post complaining about Reaper products or Customer Service.

The things they describe are far off my own experiences with Reaper.

I wonder if this is all legit.

I'm guessing it's not.  It seems like someone/some group that has an axe to grind or just too much free time and no idea on how to fill it (like painting minis from the minis company that he/she/they support(s), or trying to come up with new product ideas for any such preferred company).

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I find the timing of the sudden "issues" and the release of Bones Black to be curious.  Not necessarily causal, but curious.

• Like 6

What issues are people having with Bones Black? I have an owlbear in hand and it seems like a promising material to me.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

What issues are people having with Bones Black? I have an owlbear in hand and it seems like a promising material to me.

I do too, and I'm liking the first impressions.

I'm not sure what's up with the troll; I haven't got my hands on one, and while I believe some of the issues, I'm a bit dubious at the number of people griping, especially about gap-filling. I had, even when I first started, been under the impression gap-filling was a standard step in miniatures, and sometimes you have to, and sometimes you don't, depending on the miniature and the part of the run it is, and whether it actually fits together, or ...

I'm kind of wondering, y'know? And it's kind of tiresome.

Worse when the people yelling crap on the people who are trying to help them. :/

• Like 8

I am liking the troll, but I am unable to make a purchase at this time, so I am unaware of the 'issues' people are having with the troll.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:
27 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I do too, and I'm liking the first impressions.

I'm not sure what's up with the troll; I haven't got my hands on one, and while I believe some of the issues, I'm a bit dubious at the number of people griping, especially about gap-filling. I had, even when I first started, been under the impression gap-filling was a standard step in miniatures, and sometimes you have to, and sometimes you don't, depending on the miniature and the part of the run it is, and whether it actually fits together, or ...

I'm kind of wondering, y'know? And it's kind of tiresome.

Worse when the people yelling crap on the people who are trying to help them. :/

I just got mine yesterday and haven't opened the blister, but from what I've seen on other social media, people aren't as much upset about needing to gap-fill, but that the troll comes pre-assembled *and* needing gap-filling .. Seems they'd like it assembled and gapless, or unassembled and (potentially) gappy .. but not both.. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Oh, I have done both of those techniques before, but thanks for the advice. I brought back a very fine* foam cutter from Japan, so I'm itching to use it. This cuts I need are very fiddly, and if this gets hot enough it should do well.

*Fine as in size, not quality. But what do you expect from the 100 Yen shop? But stupid simple tool, too.

And it cuts through Bones like butter!

I'm a little giggly right now.

• Like 11

I forgot how exhausting drawing forests is. But I'm making good progress filling in my map. It's been several months since I worked on it. It's looking good though!

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I assume this post is more prompted by the most recent post made with complaints about the Bones Black troll. If that complaint seems to come out of left field, it’s only because you’re not on Facebook seeing the many complaints regarding those figures. 

Only having good things to say is not a requirement for joining the forum and having a grievance to air doesn’t automatically make someone a troll. That assumption is what starts arguments. 

That rant wasn’t directed at me. I think it only appears that way because he quoted something that I had quoted, so the system attributed it to me. 

Either way, I didn’t take offense and it was an unfortunate ordeal that doesn’t need to be rehashed.

I understand,

It's just that I find it odd that in a matter of days there are several new people who's first post is a grievance.

Normally I would not be suspicious.

And it could just be me, I'm in a bad place right now, so I might see things darker than I should.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, TGP said:

I'm not dealing with the store.  See, that's what I thought - that when I bought it they would deliver it from the closest location if stock was present since the store does deliveries.  Stock is present.  So I figured 3-5 days or something.  Instead it appears to be crossing the country by dogsled.  I'm annoyed by this, but since I didn't need the TV urgently, it was already paid for, and I needed it delivered then I figured fine, wait it out.  I would be unlikely to use them again, but so long as the item had no issues or damage, okay.  But if they ask for my opinion, well, I figure in that case they should have it.  And if they don't like it, perhaps they shouldn't have asked.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1