Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Bah. I may have to go to work. Not looking forward to trudging home a mile in freezing rain.

I can't call out unless they claim "liberal leave". That's a thing where we're allowed to use unplanned leave for unplanned absences. It's generally only available during emergencies. Like snowstorms. Or the Eagles Superbowl parade last year.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:
5 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Oh my giddy aunt..............took me about 2 1/2 hours, but I did it..... 

?????

Clearly the Colonel made their aunt giddy. 

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

Bah. I may have to go to work. Not looking forward to trudging home a mile in freezing rain.

I can't call out unless they claim "liberal leave". That's a thing where we're allowed to use unplanned leave for unplanned absences. It's generally only available during emergencies. Like snowstorms. Or the Eagles Superbowl parade last year.

I can see how that could be classified as an emergency...

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

so... you want us to send a weather dominator, or the eagles? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

?????

Ok I have been wanting to run a sci fi PbP, but have not found a rule set I like enough to want to run. I have some of the old Classic Traveller, but it just.... lacks something. Recently I have been introduced to GURPS 4th edition. That led to me finding GURPS Traveller, I made the purchase (Istill have to purchase the 4th Edition books, but I got the Traveller book. Arkady linked me to a GURPS Character site that has a software to generate characters, well I discovered that I can input the templates from the old Traveller (which is 3rd edition) into the software  and save it. I finished the first one. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to do, but I had no clue as to what I was doing or how to do it. So now I just need to add in the other templates and that part is done. I am still working on the setting, (read working on the reason to adventure), but it is coming along nicely, so far. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

so... you want us to send a weather dominator, or the eagles? 

Send snooooow! Send enough snow that when the freezing rain starts they'll already have called "liberal leave" and I can fleeeeeeee

• Like 10

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

Send snooooow! Send enough snow that when the freezing rain starts they'll already have called "liberal leave" and I can fleeeeeeee

I tried to send snow once, it melted and now the Post Office will not accept my packages. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

Productive weekend and productive Monday. Besides having this sickness looming over me I'm doing rather well! How was everyone's weekend?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Push the "I believe" button and don't overthink it.  Because if you head too far down that rabbit hole, you'll start wondering if the whole idea of huge bipedal robot warriors [BRWs] makes any sense at all. 

BRWs make no sense on terrestrial parkland environments (the usual environment simulated by the typical tabletop). But they make better sense in other environments, that folk with starships might be able to reach. Like them Battletech bots that are forever over heating — those are obviously meant for Iceball worlds with argon atmospheres and puddles of liquid methane on the surface.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hrmph,

Neighbours across the street have sold their house and will leave in three weeks. Too bad, I liked them.

Also their garage is placed a bit odd, like all in this neighbourhood.

If a new neighbour would park his car in front of it, he would block us completely, with these people and the ones before them, we never had trouble.

Hoping this will not become a problem with new people.

It is not a parking spot and would block us and the garages of two other neighbours, so I guess it will be fine.

Paint. Stripes. No Parking symbols. “Do Not Block Intersection” wordage. 

Obviously ^ all or some of ^ that was meant to be painted on that patch of ground. Someone just forgot to add it when the condos were built or it faded over time. You could help :devil: the investor by painting the appropriate markings :ph34r: think of it as a 1:1 scale terrain project. 

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

I hit my head on the metal edge of the freezer door and I am just so... blegh right now.

::o: :ik_oops:

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

I'm not sure what I need to do today.

:unsure: :rock: Get medical treatment; have somebody professional check [?] to see if you are concussed. (Says the dude who has not hit his head on anything today and is not feeling all bleary/blurry.)

Seriously, be sure you are OK. Please...

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

I return, slightly less plagued by, well, plague.

A plague! upon this plague, that hath plagued thee!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I hate packing peanuts.  I hate how they're styrofoam, how they blow around in the lightest of breezes, and static cling to everything.  I generally refuse to use them, and I get super annoyed when a customer or company uses them to ship something to me. 

As much as I hate them, I don't throw them away when I get them.  They should be reused, rather than being buried in a landfill for a couple centuries (or worse, blowing away from the trash truck, or the landfill itself.  So I stick them in a bag in the garage. 

So how do I get rid of them?   

I use them to package things for customers who annoy me.  I will even pack things in a large box than necessary, just to use more packing peanuts for those sorts. 

Today I got to fill almost an entire FedEx Large box with them. :devil:

Tomorrow, I will be able to imagine someone in Utah getting annoyed that they are having to dig through styrofoam peanuts once again just to get the part they ordered. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

I hate packing peanuts.  I hate how they're styrofoam, how they blow around in the lightest of breezes, and static cling to everything.  I generally refuse to use them, and I get super annoyed when a customer or company uses them to ship something to me. 

As much as I hate them, I don't throw them away when I get them.  They should be reused, rather than being buried in a landfill for a couple centuries (or worse, blowing away from the trash truck, or the landfill itself.  So I stick them in a bag in the garage. 

So how do I get rid of them?   

I use them to package things for customers who annoy me.  I will even pack things in a large box than necessary, just to use more packing peanuts for those sorts. 

Today I got to fill almost an entire FedEx Large box with them. :devil:

Tomorrow, I will be able to imagine someone in Utah getting annoyed that they are having to dig through styrofoam peanuts once again just to get the part they ordered. 

The best use for them is to spot someone who has annoyed you and if they ever leave their car unlocked or the windows partly down pour the car full of peanuts! MWAHAHAHAHA

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those are actually right behind me, but I'm not going to paint tonight.

Crossing my fingers everybody will be safe!

Not... Paint...?  But, but.... Whyyyy no paint tonight? 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I tried to send snow once, it melted and now the Post Office will not accept my packages. 

Brown wrapping paper and string are not adequate packaging for the product you were attempting to send.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4