Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Why do drunk people think volume makes up for lacking talent when singing karaoke <_<

Because drunk people do everything louder. I assume because it screws up their hearing a little. 

• Like 6

Got to see the eclipse last night! Tried taking a picture with my cell phone, but mostly it just looks like a fuzzy red dot. I didn't get to stay out long because the girls did their business and then wanted to go back inside cause it was too elfing cold. Honestly, I agreed with them.

Off today for MLK jr Day. Also means I don't need to move the car! In a few minutes I'll be making oatmeal and fried eggs for breakfast, but first...

COFFEE!!!

• Like 8

Out of the "knees partially frozen to the ground" pics I took, these are the two best in focus ones I was able to find so far...  I'll look into cleaning images up when I get home from work (I'll be headed there shortly) but some did show promise, doubly so if cropped in..... ^_^;;;;

I use a Panasonic G85 (also known as the G80 or G81 depending on region) if curious about the camera.  These are single shots each, and the only editing was cropping down for web size (originals are 4592x3448, these were cropped to 1000x751).  Looks like I took 26 photos total last night, catching various phases of the eclipse, with about half out of focus.

P1010637.thumb.JPG.d9cb8ed8e74ed3ad573190261838d87b.JPG

^Lumix 12-60mm at 60mm f/8, 1/250s, ISO 200 handheld.  Apparently taken at 22:11 MST/MDT (-07:00 GMT), but I suspect it was really 21:11 and I just hadn't updated camera's time.

P1010659.thumb.JPG.687dcabc680f7543364e58a1e210ac51.JPG

^Olympus 14-150mm II at 150mm f/5.6, 1/8s, ISO 3200 on UltraPod II (extremely portable desktop tripod).  Apparently taken at 22:53, but I suspect it was really 21:53 because of two things - eclipse was no longer full at 22:53 local, and I was in the house half an hour before that :P

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Just a quick check in to let you know that I'm not dead (I saw you all eyeballing my mini stash), just in the middle of moving. I'll see you guys again sooner or later.

• Like 15

Just now, Chaoswolf said:

Just a quick check in to let you know that I'm not dead (I saw you all eyeballing my mini stash), just in the middle of moving. I'll see you guys again sooner or later.

May the move be a safe and smooth one! 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

If you need help moving the mini's, or even a place to store them, just let us know. :devil:

• Haha 12

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Out of the "knees partially frozen to the ground" pics I took, these are the two best in focus ones I was able to find so far...  I'll look into cleaning images up when I get home from work (I'll be headed there shortly) but some did show promise, doubly so if cropped in..... ^_^;;;;

I use a Panasonic G85 (also known as the G80 or G81 depending on region) if curious about the camera.  These are single shots each, and the only editing was cropping down for web size (originals are 4592x3448, these were cropped to 1000x751).  Looks like I took 26 photos total last night, catching various phases of the eclipse, with about half out of focus.

P1010637.thumb.JPG.d9cb8ed8e74ed3ad573190261838d87b.JPG

^Lumix 12-60mm at 60mm f/8, 1/250s, ISO 200 handheld.  Apparently taken at 22:11 MST/MDT (-07:00 GMT), but I suspect it was really 21:11 and I just hadn't updated camera's time.

P1010659.thumb.JPG.687dcabc680f7543364e58a1e210ac51.JPG

^Olympus 14-150mm II at 150mm f/5.6, 1/8s, ISO 3200 on UltraPod II (extremely portable desktop tripod).  Apparently taken at 22:53, but I suspect it was really 21:53 because of two things - eclipse was no longer full at 22:53 local, and I was in the house half an hour before that :P

Nice pictures. Unfortunately it was too cloudy here from the rain & snow that I wasn't able to see the moon, so these are appreciated.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy to hear it. Hope you didn't pack a bag of trash. Opening that box a week or two later is never a fun experience. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

It's currently 3F with a wind chill of -8F. That's -16C and -22C for the people on metric. It's cold. I'm tempted to turn my heat up, but I don't want to because last month my heating bill was already higher than what I'd like it to be. Stupid old house...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

On 1/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

There have always been Nerd Girls.

It's just that now it's not just OK to be Nerd Girl it actually makes you One of the Kool Kids.

And it's the sort of Kool that doesn't wear off after high school.

GEM

There have been Nerd Girls in all of my games - going back to '76.

It was part of the reason I was so... miffed (<= Euphemism)... about folks suddenly declaring that there were no 'real' Nerd Girls, or that they were faking being Nerd Girls in order to get guys (because Nerd Boys are sooo desirable).

Back in the nineties I had a girl in one of my games that, swear to the gods, appeared to get smarter the more tired she was - a very intelligent woman, but she faked being a ditz. Frustrated the Hell out of me. But when you looked at her class load in college, she did not go for the easy classes.

Gods above and below, I hope she worked her way past whatever was causing her to fake being dumb.

The Auld Grump - yet another Jennifer... in this case a Jenny.

• Like 10