Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Just saw my town on the tracker. Unfortunately it was Wave 2 and I'm Wave 5 :down:

• Sad 6

Took the afternoon off.

I have driven oldest Vixen to her work and will pick her up tonight again, she was very happy about that.

Walked Brutus, Primed my Herreros Cavalry, battled the Brainweasels with succes.

I bought my girl a nice flower arrangement and made her a nice dinner with steak, shrooms, red bell peppers, spinach and pasta filled  with spinach and cheese, also a hard boiled egg on the spinach.

This was a good call, she is stressed from work has a lot to do, so now we're in the garden enjoying the last rays of sun.

Youngest vixen will come home from her internship soon.

I could get used to days off...

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Crap, the Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire.

Checking it out on google, looks to be pretty bad thus far.. :(

• Sad 7

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sadly, most TV falls into the "Why do you bother?"category. Always has been that way, so when something really good comes along, it is a tidal wave.

You need to pick up some classic Brit comedies...   

Red Dwarf

Yes, Miister(and Yes, prime minister)

All Creatures Great and Small

Jeeves & Wooster

Are you being served

Dad's Army

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder

Adam Adamant (A lot of the series is missing because of the BBC clearout and burning)

Keeping up Appearances, and the spinoff 'Young Hyacinth'...  

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Oh no!  Such a beautiful piece of architecture!

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I woke up to that on TV [Emerald City Hours] they are saying it's going to be a total loss.

Pray to whatever gods you believe in that it doesn't prove to be arson.

This is a loss for the whole of the civilized world.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Sand my reall bad Monday on Friday continues. Found out Friday that my doctor has apparently fallen off the planet. And I can’t get my medications refilled. I am currently waiting at a walk in clinic hoping that they can get them refilled. If not I risk high blood pressure and a major depressive episode :grr:

• Sad 16

11 minutes ago, Flit said:

Sand my reall bad Monday on Friday continues. Found out Friday that my doctor has apparently fallen off the planet. And I can’t get my medications refilled. I am currently waiting at a walk in clinic hoping that they can get them refilled. If not I risk high blood pressure and a major depressive episode :grr:

When your doctors feet are reattached to terra firma ask who takes call for him when he is absent.

come to think of it, if his office staff is still working you can ask them.

GEM

I sorry for your problems.::(:

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
curse you intermitent keyboard!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The clinic she was at has no idea where she went either.  So I now have to find a new doctor and I’m not sure I want to go back to that clinic. Also fired the pharmacy that could only say “we can’t get ahold of that doctor. The pharmacy doesn’t know it’s been fired and I’m not going to bother telling it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I woke up to that on TV [Emerald City Hours] they are saying it's going to be a total loss.

Pray to whatever gods you believe in that it doesn't prove to be arson.

This is a loss for the whole of the civilized world.

GEM

The latest I heard was that it was an accidental electrical fire. It is a horrible loss though, especially the rose window and all the rest of that beautiful ancient stained glass.

1 hour ago, Flit said:

The clinic she was at has no idea where she went either.  So I now have to find a new doctor and I’m not sure I want to go back to that clinic. Also fired the pharmacy that could only say “we can’t get ahold of that doctor. The pharmacy doesn’t know it’s been fired and I’m not going to bother telling it. 

normally if my doctor isn't around, one of the nurse practitioners or other doctors at the office can refill existing prescriptions.   

• Like 6

I forgot entirely about Spring Break - went to run the game, and discovered that the school was closed... and only then went, oh, yeah! I knew that! :rolleyes:

Still, a full week of being able to go home and pester Megan and Brigid! ::D:

The Auld Grump - still leaves me with a weird feeling, like starting to sneeze, and then not sneezing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6