ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

Survived the ice over the past few days, though I saw a number of accidents.  Current forecast has a chance of snow six out of the next ten days.

• Like 3

Well, I didn't go in to work. Hubby is pissed the roads are so bad, he knows how to drive in snow and he was going slow. Then he got ran off by a freakin semi, ended up in a ditch. I was so worried last night, he didn't get home until nearly 1am. 

But now the wind is blowing. I can hear tree branches breaking. Hopefully none of them hit the apartments. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

15 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Well, I didn't go in to work. Hubby is pissed the roads are so bad, he knows how to drive in snow and he was going slow. Then he got ran off by a freakin semi, ended up in a ditch. I was so worried last night, he didn't get home until nearly 1am. 

But now the wind is blowing. I can hear tree branches breaking. Hopefully none of them hit the apartments. 

Wow, happy to hear hubby came home in one piece!

• Like 4

Here's the new view from my door window. 

IMG_2158.thumb.JPG.72425b7f0e0d872819b7f2969233ae70.JPG

Based on the think layers on the mailboxes (not pictured) I'd say we have around 8 inches. Which, in this area might as well be 10 feet. 

My husband's biggest complaint (aside from various uncouth words for a certain truck driver), was that the people plowing the roads suck at it. We need to import some snowplow drivers from winsconsin maybe :lol:

• Like 7

It wouldn't hurt to have more snow plows either.  We're going to brave the white stuff to go play D&D at a friend's house.  As soon as hubby remembers how to put on the chains.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

It wouldn't hurt to have more snow plows either.  We're going to brave the white stuff to go play D&D at a friend's house.  As soon as hubby remembers how to put on the chains.

Make him roll an intelligence check. Your D&D adventure is starting before you even get to the session.

• Like 2

*flails arms above the snow drifts*

It snowed...a fair amount here between Friday and today. It's so windy that it's difficult to tell exactly how much, but I'd say at least 3-4 inches, with drifts up to 2-3 feet in sheltered places.

Here's a couple of pictures; I've never seen snow sticking to vertical surfaces like this before. Crazy!!

fckDvXgl.jpg

(That gray cinderblock wall poking out of the snow is about 3 feet tall)

X3Jopd5l.jpg

(Our back porch + storage closet door)

FYhnmJRl.jpg?1

(That's our little Saturn in the foreground. It's near the corner of where two buildings meet, so there was a lot of drifting)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8

Just cold (and not even all that cold) here in NYC...

I'd really like it if some of that snow could make it's way this way... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Make him roll an intelligence check. Your D&D adventure is starting before you even get to the session.

LOL!  Really all he needed was for me to come out and look at it.  With an aid another bonus we got it done.  :lol:

• Like 6

That doesn't look like a lot of snow. The way they are reporting it in the news Washington State is being overwhelmed by a new Ice Age. Do y'all just never get snow up there?  We've already had 19" this winter and are waiting for the really bad storms to hit. 

It got up to 29 today which would have been pretty nice (it was 11 yesterday) except for the layer of ice all over everything.  And we're getting more tonight. :wacko:

• Like 4

From 2009 (we don't get these that often):

1356316815_2009-12-25Snowmaggeddon.jpg.f7129ee76a747c225034429bff8885df.jpg

That's my little Saturn (2003-2014) in front of my wife's little Saturn (2008-2016).  The driveway has a tendency to drift.  Note that it is not nearly so bad across the street.

• Like 4

Haven’t had any snow since the light dusting we had a week ago.

It has been getting colder though, still nothing like what most of Canada has been seeing.

• Like 2

Apparently, over the ridge, there's at least two feet of snow... we got a light dusting by comparison.

I'm not thrilled - our town is pretty good about plowing, but others aren't so much. :/

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Inarah said:

That doesn't look like a lot of snow. The way they are reporting it in the news Washington State is being overwhelmed by a new Ice Age. Do y'all just never get snow up there?  We've already had 19" this winter and are waiting for the really bad storms to hit. 

It got up to 29 today which would have been pretty nice (it was 11 yesterday) except for the layer of ice all over everything.  And we're getting more tonight. :wacko:

It hardly ever snows in the puget sound region. Aside from not having the equipment to deal with it, folks here just don't know how to deal with it. As hubby complained yesterday, the folks who plowed didn't even do it that well. 

It's pretty sad.

• Like 2