ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

39 minutes ago, Pingo said:

“Sadface”? It’s real pretty. I took pictures!

It looks pretty, but it brings down trees and powerlines, and is really dangerous. 

• Like 9

I don't know if this is sad or funny. It's been a week since it snowed and the city plow just now came down our street, which is mostly melted off, and scraped a little ice on the curbs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

It is now snowing pretty vigorously outside.

I need to consider my afternoon commuting plans.

• Like 4

Rained all last night, and warm enough to melt what snow was left. I just got done pouring sand over the deeper puddles on the main path off the porch and I can already hear the nasty tingling voices of the ice about to form, chatting merrily amoungst themselves and taking bets on whether or not they can get me to fall over tomorrow and how far I might slide...

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Funny coming home from Vegas I had read the reports of the big snowstorm that smacked the NW over the weekend, thou mostly Seattle & Portland & Seattle some more. I figured it wasn't going to be much here as we usually don't get what they get, you can thank the Cascades & the Blue Mtn ranges for that. I did read the weather for Boise & it said it was snowing yesterday, so I expected snow on the ground & whatnot. I get into the Boise airport & there was barely anything on the ground, it was snowing but more or less flakes floating in the wind.

Apparently, a dusting here is now considered a snowstorm....Our mtns did get a nice dump on them thou. A couple of resorts in Northern ID reported significant amount of snowfall during the snowstorm. Ontario, thou is pretty much the same as I left, either old snow still hanging on somehow or light piles that were in the process of melting off.

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I don't know if this is sad or funny. It's been a week since it snowed and the city plow just now came down our street, which is mostly melted off, and scraped a little ice on the curbs. 

Generally if we do get a plow in the streets it on the one behind the school (we live a couple house down from a school zone) they'll block our road with the snow scraped from the road....sigh. Really thou only 1 road gets plowed here in town & that is the main road that goes throughout the town. Everything else is left on it's own, thou city does use gravel/pebbles for some streets. Forget about sidewalks & such unless a homeowner feels generous.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

It looks pretty, but it brings down trees and powerlines, and is really dangerous. 

Ayup. The power just went out.

Drat. There goes painting time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

I shall now make ready to flee before the weather causes the trains to break.

again.

:angry:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, Crowley said:
8 hours ago, Crowley said:

It's snowing!! 

And work is closed!!

Well... that's disappointing. It's already switched over to sleet. And we only got a dusting of snow. 

And now it's just rain... Bah. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Those of you requesting snow might want to work on your aim a bit, as it was delivered to me by mistake. 

Must have been delivered by W.O.O.F. they are notorious for missing their target. ::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Snowed all night, power went out around 4am.  After shoveling both of our neighbors cars out of the spots they were stuck in the road hubby gave up on going to work today.  We got some rain and melting but we're going to be iced in soon.  Hubby is actually shoveling part of the road in an attempt to get out tomorrow.  

I'll check back in when our power is back, it might be a while.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Just came in from the second shoveling of the day. This wasn’t as bad as the first, but the light snow seems to now be turning into something like a freezing rain.

Cant wait to see what tomorrow morning is like.

• Like 5

I'm going to be surprised if campus is open tomorrow, even if it isn't forecast to snow. There is going to be a lot of ice on the roads. 

• Like 2