ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

All weekend at the hotel the weather has been clear. This morning? Maybe not whiteout conditions, but at first I thought the hotel windows had suddenly gone frosted glass.

Traveling home is gonna be fun. And by that I mean not necessarily fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

We are all now safe at home. Snow is pretty when you don’t have to go out in it.

We might be a wee bit low on some groceries, but we have plenty of new books to read and there’s no school tomorrow.

• Like 9

Crazy weather here. Raining most of the time, unless it's below freezing then we get snow spats . Spats being it's snowing but it ends up looking like frost on the ground that disappears once it warms up. Thou, I'd rather it do this is full out get snow hammered. Supposed to get cold, this week thou. Feb's weather looks totally different then Jan around here. I feel like they should have been flipped around!!

• Like 4

The predicted super heavy snowfall didn't hit but we still got enough and it's snowing a tiny bit right now. Yesterday the weather actually cleared up for most of the day so I was working. About 5-6" the first day and another 1" overnight. Better than the 10-12" they said might happen. The highway and grid roads between town and the farm were terrible but passable. Met the highway snowplow halfway there so knew it's be fine on the way back. The grid was a slog with the road being barely visible and a few spots were the 4x4 nearly got stuck. There are 5 farms along that road and 3 of us cleared the roads even though it isn't really our responsibility. We use the roads so we try to keep them open. The other 2 are my cousins that I totally detest. Their wives drive the roads to work every day but they won't spend a half hour to clean anything even though they run up and down the roads with their tractors to do chores. They even had the nerve to broccoli at me when I was cleaning 3 miles of road past their land when I was keeping it open for the school bus while we lived out there.

Lot of snow on the farm now. Spent 2 hours feeding cows and 4 hours digging trenches to be able to feed them. Didn't come close to cleaning it all decent but got the worst spots cleared good enough they shouldn't fill in too fast. Hoping anyhow. Worst part is any time you touch the snow you make it pile in deeper the next time it snows. Some days there's just not enough time to do it right everywhere and when you come back it's interesting. Took a few pics but haven't transferred them to the computer yet. Not really extreme for here but the last week or so has had more snow than the last couple of months.

• Like 3