ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

The snow was last night.  I thought we would get away without it, but no such luck.

The ice was the worst.  We had a quarter inch or so of that.  The driveway is still a little slick even after a day of sunshine and some salt.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well, we are up to 6" here. That wouldn't be a problem in Chicago, but 300 miles south of it, they aren't geared to handle that much at once. Church has already been cancelled for tomorrow and I have cancelled my Heroclix game. The Missus works at SIU, so she is thrilled to have a 3 day weekend, says odds are she will stay in her jammies all day!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Schroedinger’s snow: until I open the curtains it both has and hasn’t snowed. Smells snowy though and everyone said it would come down at some point this weekend. I have yet to make it out of bed this morning but I suppose I’ll have to find out soon!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Talae said:

I think the high today in the Phoenix area was 70F. I wore flip flops with shorts and a T-shirt.

I hate you  ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It came though here Friday night. Not enough to worry about, it was the 10* air temp we got warnings about. Some kind of sports playoff game tonight and lots of folks out tailgating so it is wind chill they want everyone to be aware of.  You can keep your snow. 

• Like 3

Were I still in Montreal, I would've gotten heavy snowfall. But I drove back home up north where blue skies were waiting for me.

The downside was that the further up north I was driving, the more the temperature dropped, and fast.

Last night, temperatures dropped to -41°C (-53°C with wind chill). That's a good "stay indoors" temperature range.

• Like 7

It did Wednesday and Friday.  

So we built this. 

igloo.jpg.eb0ce95237c605fb666152357ad1bc0e.jpg

Elder spawn did the inside work, mini-spawn rolled balls, and I rolled and lifted. 

Today it was 50f.   I love Colorado weather. 

The dome is still there today, but the field has melted off,  except in deep shade areas. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 10

No snow here. We've barely have had a scant of it in the valleys. Mtns thou have been getting some at least Idaho's have been. SE Oregon not so much. It's gonna be a very dry summer here. 

Currently it's 36. We've had a sheep load of rain the past few days. Finally drying out. 

• Like 7

i got about 7" total over the weekend snowmageddon event.  It was a good, solid storm, but not the 12" rival to the storm of 1978 that'd been predicted.  drifts around 2-3 feet in places; more if a snow plow stopped there.  sidewalks were a good 14" deep in most places.

i regret thinking i could just walk the mile or so to the store and back to grab some sundries, get some exercise and relive my youth of walking around in the snow.  I'd forgotten how tiring knee and thigh deep snow can be.

• Like 5