ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

There is a guy outside trying to start his car. He's been trying off and on for the past 20 minutes. It's too cold for the car to start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

It seems the Netherlands will get their first snow tomorrow.

Here's how I feel about that:

image.png.d50a81b758cbddf64d07357982182567.png

image.png.d29c62b5d759b40b962436c668963aa5.png

• Haha 11

I wish you all in the US a Happy White MLK Day!  (Ducks from the lynching from both sides of the issue) Still snowing here.

• Like 3

I wouldn’t know. All the ice and freezing rain is keeping me from getting home to check.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Another 4"+ expected today, and more throughout the rest of the week.

After a nice glazing of ice, of course.  Luckily, I have more vacation time than I can shake a stick at (mostly because taking time off is a huge hassle--and I'll likely pay for it in the long run).  All the local schools are closed, even the universities.  When the universities close, that's when I start thinking about just how badly I "need" to get into work.

• Like 6

Weather forecast early last week of <1” resulted in 4”.

Weather forecast late last week of 1” resulted in 8”.

Weather forecast last night was for an overnight dumping of 8”-10” which resulted in <1”.

Like the radio host said today, weather forecaster is one of those jobs that you can be wrong constantly and never get fired.

• Like 9

I’m meant to be going out tonight but seriously considering saying it’s too icy for me to drive there :devil: it would be nice to stay home and do some painting as, though I am off work today boring tasks have consumed my time, and while a deep cleaned kitchen is nice, it’s not as nice as the beholder mini I’m working on...

• Like 12

We got a whole centimetre of snow here, just enough to hide the black ice- as I found out when I fell whilst putting out the bins tonight :( 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

We've been getting rain all day but now as the temperature drops below freezing we should start seeing snowflakes. 

• Like 5

On 1/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, NebulousMissy said:

There is a guy outside trying to start his car. He's been trying off and on for the past 20 minutes. It's too cold for the car to start.

Sounds like somebody needs to hear the good word about Electric Block Heaters.

GEM

• Like 6

There was a foot of snow on the ground when I got up this morning, but after raining all day there is less.  Now it's still raining and 32F, about to be 31F, and after icing for a few hours it's supposed to finish off with an inch or two of snow by morning.  Unsure if I will need skis or skates to get to work.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

It is up to 44F here now supposed to hit 50F by 6AM, start raining and temp dropping to 22F by 4PM. YUCK

• Like 3

Well yesterday was our first official Ice-Day.

Of course I slipped when walking and fell, no harm done although today every muscle in my body seems to ache.

Driving is a hoot! I have winter tires but some roads are not being treated at all and make for a nice challenge to drive on.

Extra bonus points for the people who still drive with summer tires and think they can round a corner at the same speed they normally drive, I have seen some interesting moves.

Today is no better, temps are still at freezing point so it won't thaw.

Probably later this week it will be all gone again.

Which I hope for.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

We're getting a good 24 hours of snow that started last night after a solid weekend of snow and frigid temperatures.  Sometime tomorrow it's supposed to turn to freezing rain (temp creeping over 0C) before plummeting to -25C on Friday night...  For some strange reason I find my self looking at all inclusive holiday destination down South instead of working right now...   

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I was out shoveling the rain off my deck.  It had soaked into the snow.  Supposed to get cold tomorrow so I wanted the dense wet snow off before it feezed solid.

Edited by ttuckerman
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2