ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

Today is negative winter, with snow.  Oh, and wind will be picking up, so as the day progresses it gets colder.  Wheeeeeeeeeeee. 

So glad  I have a light day today for deliveries! 

• Like 4

We've got way less snow than normal and had way higher temps than normal for the last month. We haven't had rain but they're predicting it in a couple days. I hate rain in winter way more than snow or cold temperatures. At least in the cold the roads aren't as bad as when it's bouncing up and down at the freezing mark. Out at the farm I have to go up and down some steep slopes with the tractor to get to my cows. Right now there's 4-5" of snow on the level that mostly fell in November and I'm still driving some trails that I normally don't after it snows. But those hills have an inch of ice on them from the snow slowly melting and freezing. Keeps the heart pumping good in a couple spots. Perfect winter for me would be a foot of snow that didn't drift in every day and -10C. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After my home trek took an extra 45minutes, it only took 90 minutes to clear my driveway and clean up the mess the plow made (a car had parked on the street just past my driveway so I had a very interesting snow wave to sort out.  The freezing rain started just as I was finishing up last night and the driveway this morning was a solid sheet of ice.  More snow in the forecast over the next several days too.  At least the winter was pretty mild up until now... 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Coming in sideways now. 

We need a BLECH button for stuff like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It snowed heavily over the weekend. Then the temps dropped into the teens Monday and Tuesday (farenheit). Then it hit 50 yesterday and rained all day. Then it dropped down to around 10 degrees overnight and snowed. Now it's snowing again and the temps are hovering around freezing.  Every secondary road is an ice rink covered in snow. Really missing summer right now. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Coming in sideways now. 

Lowers hand.

All done it seems. 

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

It snowed heavily over the weekend. Then the temps dropped into the teens Monday and Tuesday (farenheit). Then it hit 50 yesterday and rained all day. Then it dropped down to around 10 degrees overnight and snowed. Now it's snowing again and the temps are hovering around freezing.  Every secondary road is an ice rink covered in snow. Really missing summer right now. 

At the local ski resort when I was a teen, one of the ski rental shops would load up their entire stock and ship it to their rental shop in Chile for their winter season. It had been years since the owners had experienced a summer. They didn’t even own any shorts any more!

Getting to the point where I might consider moving to warmer climes. Maybe even doing the opposite of the ski place, and not seeing cold weather for years.

Eh. Probably get boring. 

• Like 5

Last snow is expected this afternoon.

After that it will start raining and the white abomination will return to it's hellish dimension from which it originated.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Actually is snowing, and the temps are dropping like a rock. Supposed to hit 4 F tonight.

• Like 2

Been raining most of the day, but it's snowing now... not supposed to last though. 

• Like 2

No new snow yet. Supposed to be below zero all day tomorrow. Feel horrible taking my dog out to potty in that, even with her booties and coat on.

• Like 3

Saw some snow Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, so today was the first day without snow in awhile.  To make up for it they're projecting -17F tonight and tomorrow.  I say go back to +17F and snow.

• Like 2

And we're expecting snow again today!

***Gets the flamethrower ***

• Like 1
  • Haha 1