Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Ron

February Bones Black Promotional Mini - Rock Troll

What a team, indeed. Super cool.

When are you planning to release copies of Wiebe and Proctor in Bones Black? Artistic talent sold separately, of course. ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

That troll has clearly neglected squats.

I'm probably going to order one as part of my order to get a free one. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

What a team, indeed. Super cool.

When are you planning to release copies of Wiebe and Proctor in Bones Black? Artistic talent sold separately, of course. ::P:

I do believe Darksword released Proctor & Reaper did Wiebe (Rohan Rumbleguts). ^_^

I may have to place a early order next month. Who knows if I'll have funds later in the month due to Vegas/LVO trip. Great looking figure! 

• Like 4

That is a SPLENDID looking Troll with a truly MAGNIFICENT nose. I can see a need to make an order in February.

• Like 2

Awesome!

One small nitpick / request: while its great to see it painted, I think there should also be a shot or two of the mini unpainted as well, especially since this is only the second Bones Black mini

That actually goes for all Bones in the Reaper store, in my opinion. Seeing them painted is very cool, but every mini should also show at least one view of the mini unpainted so we can see the mini as we will receive it, study detail etc.

Just a thought :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I'd tend to agree, Marc. Especially with Bones coming in many different iterations, it would be good to know which material is which. This could even be a "Bones v1" "Bones v2" "Bones Black" etc, for various permutations. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marc said:

That actually goes for all Bones in the Reaper store, in my opinion. Seeing them painted is very cool, but every mini should also show at least one view of the mini unpainted so we can see the mini as we will receive it, study detail etc.

As far as I'm aware, there are only a handful of minis in the Reaper Web store that show only painted versions - and most of those are in the special editions section.  Most minis in the store have the opposite problem - the bare Bones or metal version is shown, but no painted version at all. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

As far as I'm aware, there are only a handful of minis in the Reaper Web store that show only painted versions - and most of those are in the special editions section.  Most minis in the store have the opposite problem - the bare Bones or metal version is shown, but no painted version at all. 

You're probably right - I run into store listing with no unpainted version from time to time, but certainly not all the time!.

For these new Bones Black posting though, I think seeing the 'bare' unpainted mini is pretty critical

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DavePgh said:

Is this rock troll the same one from the Kickstarter? It looks pretty similar from what I remember.

Good call. Looks like it is - from the troll expansion.