Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Ron

February Bones Black Promotional Mini - Rock Troll

Will the base be integrated on this one, or will it be separate like it was on the Owlbear? I am not a fan of the regular Bones bases and usually cut them off. While the Owlbear base is much better than a regular Bones base having the option to use it or attach the model to my own base of choice was really nice and would be my preference on future models.

• Like 3

If you look closely at the preview of the unpainted one, it looks like it is a separate base.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:53 AM, Cyradis said:

I'd tend to agree, Marc. Especially with Bones coming in many different iterations, it would be good to know which material is which. This could even be a "Bones v1" "Bones v2" "Bones Black" etc, for various permutations. 

Here is a link to the FAQ on our Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/notes/reaper-miniatures/faq/10156398366878885/

Item 6 explains the plastics we use.  Other that color, there is no significant difference from the regular Bones "white" miniatures and any other color we have used for Bones.  Any differences are coincidental.  Bones Black is a different process and a much harder plastic than any other color of regular Bones.  Bones Black's Pantone is the same gray that we've used for Bones regular Chronoscope models and some terrain/dungeon dressings, however the Bones Black plastic is significantly different.  The Bones Black color will be a shade darker than the medium gray we are going to be moving all regular fantasy Bones to.  However, because some of these decisions were made after production started, the Kickstarter models (and any inventory remaining after fulfillment) will all be the same slightly lighter gray color, with the exception of the Chronoscope models which will be a shade darker.  

So, please understand, we could make them all pink if we wanted, so the color differences in regular Bones are irreverent.

9 hours ago, Cynge said:

Will the base be integrated on this one, or will it be separate like it was on the Owlbear? I am not a fan of the regular Bones bases and usually cut them off. While the Owlbear base is much better than a regular Bones base having the option to use it or attach the model to my own base of choice was really nice and would be my preference on future models.

If they followed our instruction correctly, yes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So what you are saying is... you haven't ruled out making pink Bones for us :poke:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Apparently this is a question of some controversy.  Ha ha.

Is it? Have I missed something somewhere?

I was wondering... Will the Rock Troll be available on the UK warehouse tomorrow too?
I ask because the Owlbear arrived the 8th of January. I'm not complaining about the delay, it's just that I was thinking about making an order tomorrow and I don't want to miss my chance of getting this awesome mini ^_^
So... yeah, just wondering if I should wait a bit more before making my order.

Edited by Edrajai

no, it will not be at the UK warehouse tomorrow.

It arrived here late and the UK stock is currently in transit.

Give it until next Friday, might be sooner.

• Like 1

There's no set standard on whether the bases will be attached or not.

The Owlbear and Troll, for example, wouldn't fit in our existing packaging with the bases attached.

However, the March Bones Black promo model, *will* be attached to its base and does fit into our existing packaging.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Just an FYI, in case someone didn't already mention it @ladystorm and @Reaper Ron, the big image on the front page is pointing to December's mini of the month promo (07012: Dungeon Dwellers: Caerindra Thistlemoor ), NOT 44002: Reaper Bones Black Rock Troll . Thought you guys would want to know.

• Like 1

I just got my Rock Troll in the mail and I was surprised on how fast delivery was. 

I love the model and the base that came with it (It was tricky to attach, but glue did the trick just fine) and how cheap it was! I also brought the Owl Bear last month and was greatly pleased with it as well. I'm really hyped for what else gets released. I'm also hyped to see if you'll have some form of a certain famous eyeball monster along the line. 

• Like 3