Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Mushroom Men: 77345

The Mushroom Fellows are BEAUTIFULLY painted creations. Your choice of colors is WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

I never thought of adding moss to my Mushrooms' caps; it adds a certain something to the miniature...good idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great job.  Love the caps.  These are some of the best versions of these fungoids I’ve seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are outstanding from the beautifully shaded caos to how you captured pale mushroomyness on the stalks - what color did you use for the stalks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Mushroom Fellows are BEAUTIFULLY painted creations. Your choice of colors is WONDERFULVERY WELL DONE!

I never thought of adding moss to my Mushrooms' caps; it adds a certain something to the miniature...good idea.

Thank you! I thought they would fit in with your mushroom creatures! As for the moss, the sculpt had a couple crinkly, bumpy places on the cap. It maybe was just the skin of the mushroom puckering or something but since it was a totally different texture, I decided to make it moss. So I first painted it green then flocked it!

7 hours ago, Iridil said:

These are outstanding from the beautifully shaded caos to how you captured pale mushroomyness on the stalks - what color did you use for the stalks?

Thank you!

I base coated it with P3 Hammerknell Khaki and then used army painter soft tone to give it a thick wash. Then I used P3 Jack Bone to brush over most of the area except the shadows. Then I used P3 Mennoth White Base to start picking out highlights and then Mennoth White for the highest highlight. Then I added Vallejo glaze medium to the Jack Bone and glazed all over to smooth the blends. I also added glaze medium to both mennoth whites and glzaed that back over anywhere I wanted a little brighter (mainly lips and eyebrows). Oh, and the little protrusions I used Bootstrap Leather, light wash with soft tone, and then edged them in the Jackbone and whites.

Thanks, everyone! I can't take credit for their expressions as the sculpts do most of the work! They are seriously cute!

• Like 2

It seems like you could build up a fun campaign to "harvest" some for a King's pizza...

• Haha 1

Wow! Beautiful work. The caps are so vivid, I love it. The blushed cheeks of the youngling are a nice idea.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      A while back I posted some Shroom Dudes I'd sculpted, and noted one of them had a bunch of little shroom fruiting bodies sticking out all over. I mentioned how this was done, but a step-by-step can't hurt. You'll need a mini, sewing pins with flattish but slightly domed heads, a very fine drill, some pliers, and superglue.

Here's a long-unused Manes demon I got in a WotC grab bag, and a much-more-recently-acquired Nolzur's Myconid Adult. Let's call 'em Cletus and Boletus. Cletus will become a Spore Servant.Boletus will get an upgrade.

Clamp your mini down firmly. FIRMLY!  Otherwise the drill bit may try to skitter, and if there's one thing you DON'T want skittering, it's a rotating blade.
      Now, get a very very fine drill bit and drill some holes in 'em! What angle should those holes be? It's graceful if they're more vertical than 90°, but you can make it work with most angles.

Next, get as many pins as you have holes drilled. These pins will be your long-stemmed mushrooms.
      It's probably smart to gauge the angle of the hole by inserting a straight pin into each hole before you begin the next step.  And it's always a good idea to be a smarter crafter than I!

Then, BEND them pins. You want smooth curves, but *not* consistent lengths or uniform shapes. 
      Mushrooms do not require light to grow, but the taller they are, the further their spores can disperse. 

Now, get that superglue and glue those pins into the holes you've made for them. I advise starting at the top and working down. For verisimilitude, you want to avoid uniform heights and parallel curves (and indeed, straight lines at all).

Then slap some paint onto those fungal stems and caps, and hey presto!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the irrepressible Monkey, his group have journeyed to the west to represent the Guild of Harmony's Far East branch in the game Twisted.

Was rather intimidated by this guy at the start, the whole set are pretty big on tiny details, but he turned out to be rather straightforward to paint.
      I've got to stop painting things Andrea Blue until I've figured out how to layer it properly though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Rigel
      Maybe this should have gone in the Sculpting thread, but I didn't make a build log when I sculpted these about four years ago. It was my first game DMing, a 5e homebrew, and enigmatic mycelial conspiracies played a large part. At this point I only knew the FLGS as a source of minis, and they didn't have any myconids. So I made do. One of them is based loosely off of bracket fungus and one off of amanita toadstools.
      Showing them off now because a) I picked up some Nolzur/Wizkids new Myconid Adult sculpts to go along with them, and b) I'm seeing so many wonderful mushroom-folk on the forums and love jumping in front of bandwagons.  

The sculpting was ham-fisted and the painting leaves much to be desired, but I am proud of one innovation that you can use for your myconids: for that enokitake effect, get a bunch of sewing pins, clip to different lengths, and bend them into a gentle curve near the cut or pointy end.  Cluster as necessary.

• By ChanSeal
      “OK, so the Fireball spell didn’t work that well. Any other ideas Owl?”
      “Hoo!? You asking me!? I’m just an owl.”

Probably my last mini for the year.
      Wasn’t planning on painting the cloak brown since it sorta merges with the hair and owl, but a slight accident forced it on me.
      I like the way it turned out tough.

Thanks for looking.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Nimble, another member of the gang of Urkins that make up the bulk of the Dickensian faction from the game Twisted.

He's got a pretty bad mold-line on his bare foot that I just couldn't get to, luckily it's hard to see.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 171 Guests (See full list)