TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2019

Welcome to Getting to Know You, February 2019 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 6:00 hours and 12:00 hours CST (Central US time)
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

I will post the first question in a few minutes. 

• Like 7

Friday, Feb 1:  What are you looking forward to in February this year?

Saturday/Sunday, Feb 2-3 (Weekend Quest):  What's on your paint/sculpting bench, i.e., what'cha working on.  Take a picture and show us!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Sushi.  My wife and I go out for sushi for Valentine's Day (observed) dinner.  We're currently planning to do this on Monday the 11th or Tuesday the 12th.  We normally try to do the 13th but I'm getting the socket for a dental implant put in on the 14th.

4 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Saturday/Sunday, Feb 2-3 (Weekend Quest):  What's on your paint/sculpting bench, i.e., what'cha working on.  Take a picture and show us!

If I remember, I'll do that tomorrow.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Still deciding what to build, but I'm thinking that it might be the Redemptor Dreadnought this weekend.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Getting the okay that I can actually, finally sit for the CPA exam...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Las Vegas Open (LVO) weekend!! Vacation for me will be next Thursday \(7 thru the 13th) but Vegas weekend will start Weds afternoon to Monday morning. Flight isn't until the afternoon next Thursday but as Ontario is an hour away, I'm gonna stay in Boise over night & flight out the next day. Gotta love late check outs.

Always look forward to Monday nights now as that is  my D&D Adventure League night. I've always dreamed of having a in-town FLGS & that dream was made last Labor Day weekend. So glad to game on a frequent basis vs a yearly basis I was having at RCon. That doesn't mean I won't DM anything at RC anymore, just means it's not my only time.

Feb 2-3

s-l300.jpg (seriously this is what my paint table looks like!!!! :lol:)

Currently it has game items for LVO & sadly stuff I had on there before RCon last year. Hopefully after LVO weekend, it'll get cleaned to were I can actually hobby again on it!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not much actually, just the normal stuff which is good enough for me.

Currently working on these:

DSCN9762.JPG

DSCN0218.JPG

DSCN0223.JPG

DSCN0221.JPG

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 12

51 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Discounted valentine's chocolate.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Valentine's Day. Not because I have special plans (I'm so lonely!), but because the day AFTER all the unsold candy goes on sale. ::D: Got my eye on those Reese's hearts...

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Discounted valentine's chocolate.

We literally posted at the same time! Dreamweaver just played in my head...

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

MARCH...AND the beginning of Spring. February is a miserable excuse for a month.

In my best Wizened Old Gypsy Lady voice: I see Mushrooms in my Future...LOTS OF MUSHROOMS!

DSCN7614.thumb.JPG.6a4f35c3b25d7326662cdd4e2d384899.JPGDSCN7615.thumb.JPG.dce886118e75b93d63a0eefb8d983a8a.JPG

AND some Vertically Challenged Folk:

DSCN7608.thumb.JPG.2b7dec4ffbee90f99371917d30983909.JPGDSCN7609.thumb.JPG.0308b06668e4a7b5c0fb6815509e3b53.JPG

...interrupted by a basketball game or two.

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Lots of great stuff going down this February! On Valentine's day a close friend celebrates her birthday and we traditionally go some place swanky and have a good time. This year we reserved the "distiller's room" at a local restaurant/distillery. It's a glass walled room inside the distillery with private service. Typically this is really expensive. But my friend is the older cousin of the head chef. So, score. 

We had to postpone a NYE party last month due to the flu. But we're throwing a game night on the 15th to make up for it. More party games than strategy. But lots of chili and my wife said she's going to bake cookies. So that's going to be a great time. 

We've got 3 different contractors coming in this month to measure our kitchen so they can draw up plans and estimates to gut it and remodel. This is a project we had to put on hold a few years ago so getting started is very exciting. 

The 17th Annual Bob's Bar (cultural hub of the midwest) Extravaganza is on the 23rd. It's a collection of some of the weirdest and rarest beers in the country all tapped on one night. Dozens of kegs will go down. All I can say is thank goodness for Uber. I will be immobile on the 24th. 

And my birthday is at the end of the month! I have to work, but I've also scheduled a field day to a nice wildlife preserve being developed. So as long as it's not a blizzard I should have an enjoyable day stomping through some winter wetlands.

I'll take some pics of the work bench over the weekend for the other question. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

I am looking forward to hopefully giving up being a key holder at work. It is a major stress in my live and I would like to be done with it. 

as to what is on my paint table, I currently have two 'sites' for painting and they both are a cluttered mess, so no pictures. 

• Like 8

I'm looking forward to Guy At Work being okay.

He'd had chest pains earlier in the day. He was told to go home. I'm not sure if he was packing up to go home or just went back to working, I heard both stories yesterday but I know for a fact he collapsed. He was unresponsive.

People started running all over the floor trying to find someone who knows CPR. I get dragged in because 11 years of girl scouts, 4 of them involving military style first aid courses, I know how to fall off a mountain, splint my own broken bones, and walk out under my own power. I get dragged in.

He's breathing. Sort of. Someone has his wrist, he has a pulse. He's breathing badly. I help with that, make sure he has a carotid pulse, he does, keep him breathing, and then security comes up, throws us all off, and starts chest compressions. On a man with a pulse.

Portable defib was brought in from the hall. He still had a pulse. Building nurse needs to approve any emergency personnel entering the building, it took her thirty elfing five minutes to take one elevator and walk across the building. I heard she was packing up her stuff and locking every cabinet instead of just locking the main door. And she had the audacity to be annoyed that we disrupted her day.

It took 45 minutes from when he went down to when the EMTs got there. They had trouble stabilizing him. He was finally out of the building by 725pm.

I had people thanking me for hours yesterday. I did not feel like I deserved it. After he was en route to some hospital, we don't know which, I hear from coworkers about how they know CPR too, one was a teacher and has performed it before, and they all CHOSE TO DO NOTHING!

I had to go home early yesterday. I just couldn't. I could still taste the stale lips and air of my dying coworker and here are people more qualified than I who CHOSE to do NOTHING?!

I hope to everything he's okay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 14

Feb 1st: My wife and daughter's birthdays next week and the hope that my wife will get a new job as the current one is stressing her out.  

Weekend Quest: Xmas Rasputina crew from Malifaux (evil Xmas tree and snowmen).  Pics to follow.  

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I'm looking forward to Guy At Work being okay.

He'd had chest pains earlier in the day. He was told to go home. I'm not sure if he was packing up to go home or just went back to working, I heard both stories yesterday but I know for a fact he collapsed. He was unresponsive.

People started running all over the floor trying to find someone who knows CPR. I get dragged in because 11 years of girl scouts, 4 of them involving military style first aid courses, I know how to fall off a mountain, splint my own broken bones, and walk out under my own power. I get dragged in.

He's breathing. Sort of. Someone has his wrist, he has a pulse. He's breathing badly. I help with that, make sure he has a carotid pulse, he does, keep him breathing, and then security comes up, throws us all off, and starts chest compressions. On a man with a pulse.

Portable defib was brought in from the hall. He still had a pulse. Building nurse needs to approve any emergency personnel entering the building, it took her thirty elfing five minutes to take one elevator and walk across the building. I heard she was packing up her stuff and locking every cabinet instead of just locking the main door. And she had the audacity to be annoyed that we disrupted her day.

It took 45 minutes from when he went down to when the EMTs got there. They had trouble stabilizing him. He was finally out of the building by 725pm.

I had people thanking me for hours yesterday. I did not feel like I deserved it. After he was en route to some hospital, we don't know which, I hear from coworkers about how they know CPR too, one was a teacher and has performed it before, and they all CHOSE TO DO NOTHING!

I had to go home early yesterday. I just couldn't. I could still taste the stale lips and air of my dying coworker and here are people more qualified than I who CHOSE to do NOTHING?!

I hope to everything he's okay.

This is a awful way to spend a day. You did what you could. Hopefully he is ok & can come back in when he's ready to. It's amazing on how much workplaces preach safety yet when something does arrise like this, they twiddle their thumbs & think, "Ok, no what or are they done yet? Can we go back to regular business now. I'd hate to see how my workplace would react if something like this ever happened to an employee. Granted I'm never there in the daytime, so maybe it has. I know we've had customers, mostly elderly ones go down & medical has been called in.

• Like 7