TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2019

16 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Sat, Feb 9: What social media sites do you frequent (other than this one)?

I'm very, very bad about social media sites.  I tend to forget to read them.

The only forum I regularly visit other than here is the BattleTech forum.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I had to actually look up what qualifies as social media for this (when did I get so old?):

Youtube - because who doesn't?

DeviantArt, ArtStation, Pinterest - all for inspiration

I have a Twitter account, but I don't use it much, might start posting to it at some point. I quit Facebook years ago. Couldn't tell you the difference between a Snapchat or an Instagram. Yet, I don't feel like that's a bad thing.

-MvM

You aren't the only one. I never even thought of Youtube as being social media. I mostly watch it for music or gaming stuff too. I tease the kids about being obsessed with a couple things but I'm as bad or worse when it comes to my minis.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

I do use FB, but rarely anymore as I have grown tired of the drama.

I mod on a couple of firearms forums too that deal with vintage firearms

• Like 7

I had no idea that Reaper’s Forums were considered social media. :upside: They seem altogether nicer than that.

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Other Forums

Lead Adventures Forum

( @paintybeard do you have the same handle and avatar there? )

Lustria-Online.com

(This is a forum for folk interested in the Lizardman Army...it supports/allows Oldhammer, AS1 & 2, T9A, Kings of War)

The Chess Forums at chess.com

(Recent, but not much activity on my part. Chess players are less nice than RPG players and mini collectors.)

Youtube (huh ?) 

sometimes I look at what people post on here. Usually I react “...meh...” then end them early. I am unable to regard this as social media. 

Platforms where I have an Account but TLDR, there’s problems

Instagram ...I have a nephew that convinced me to sign up for this but I have rarely looked at it. Login credentials forgotten at this point.

Twitter ...I signed up for an account a long while ago. Using an email that went defunct. I never posted anything. So, there is an account out there I can never access, that is filling up with notices[?] retweets[??] from APOD, SHS, and I forget the other 2 that I followed. 

Facebook ...Grrrrrrrrrrrr :grr: a few months ago I made a fb account named Tgp Pendrake. I posted no pix. I turned off all email notices. I used a throwaway gmail account to register. I didn’t add galleries, or memes, or followers, or friend requests, left the profile as empty as possible. The only thing I did with it was try to join the Reaper Facebook group. That was it. That was all ...nothing else. I submitted some kinda form or other (to Reaper I guess) and then I had to wait. Patiently. 

The first thing that showed up in the email account (after only 90 minutes) was a notice from fb that my account was locked/frozen/disabled with an obnoxious demand for a photo ID! which they would keep on file for awhile (If I wanted the account unfrozen).

Thirty minutes after that I got a notice saying I was accepted to and allowed to post on the Reaper Facebook group. Reaper friendly/Facebook not:down: 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Since forums are considered social media...  Here, Overclock.net (aka OCN), Warp-9's forums (since I'm seriously contemplating joining their HWBot team, and they run fun, monthly competitions), uhm....  Suppose HWBot's forums count too. 

I spend a decent amount of time on YouTube, which apparently is social media... 

LiveJournal and Flickr technically classify as such too, although I use the first for writing, and second for browsing various photos (usually 590nm and 720nm infrared photography). 

I have a Twitter and Instagram, but don't use either (especially Instagram, grrrf Facebook - it's a legacy account from before Facebook bought them out, and I haven't bothered to delete yet).. 

Killed off my Facebook account several years ago when they tried to coerce me into giving them a scan of my driver's license.  Pretty much told them where to go in a post, and I then submitted my profile/account to be nuked from orbit.   Many have tried to get me back.  Nobody thinks I'm serious when I ask for an hourly wage to be on there (to the tune of what an underwater welder makes), and the lump sum payment on top of such (which would be enough to buy, well, a lot of things, and never have to work again).  I despise Facebook due to variety of things, but we'll go with (lack of) security, data breaches, and most importantly all the constant messing around with various settings, especially privacy ones, and how they seem to want to give your info to everyone whether you want them to do such or not, and how they keep changing things so that even more is publicly visible. 

Sorry Facebook already dealt with stalkers and people harassing me about various things (thtlat I wasn't even involved in!), the last thing I need is someone putting on a friendly face while they give out my contact info and real name to the world.  I'm not letting that happen on my watch.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I had no idea that Reaper’s Forums were considered social media. :upside: They seem altogether nicer than that.

Other Forums

Lead Adventures Forum

( @paintybeard do you have the same handle and avatar there? )

Same name, Different mugshot.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Whatsapp

I'm also active on Putty and Paint.

And I lurk on a Dinotoyblog.

Nothing more.

It seems youtube also counts?

That for music!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Apart from this forum I also lurk on Dakka (mainly in the hobby blog section) and Arlong Park (a One Piece fan forum, don't visit this one too often anymore though, it's pretty dead most days now).

I also have a very basic Facebook account, just to follow a few companies who use it as their main communicating platform.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I stop by once a day at FaceBook & Pinterest. Occasionally I post on Deviant Art

I visit Lead Adventure Forum, Wyrd Forum, & DM's Craft. fairly regularly. AND I am the last active Mod on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum...a game I have modeled & painted for, but never played.

I must admit that lately I find all my haunts to be rather boring.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Nope.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

...a very basic Facebook account, just to follow a few companies who use it as their main communicating platform.

How do I make one of those? So I could follow Reaper, Mantic, etc. 

• Like 6

The usual suspects.

FB to connect with most of my family and friends.

Twitter to keep up on the news (stuff tends to show up there faster than anywhere else)

Instagram to share pics of my corgis and anyone else's animals I take pictures of.

YouTube for music (how is this a social network? Do people socialize in the comments?)

Tumblr for the laughs 

Pinterest annoys me, so I rarely visit.

DeviantArt for inspiration

G+ for all the excellent D&D DYI content... I'm gonna miss this so much... :down:

• Like 7

Facebook mainly.

Lurker: Lonewolf Forums, Twitter, Reddit, Youtube.

• Like 6