TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2019

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb. 11: Do you collect anything, (aside for minis of course)?  (Pictures welcome)

Fashion dolls. Specifically Monster High, Ever After High, and D.C. Super Hero Girl. I've got a few barbies, a couple of the new marvel girls, and a variety of Disney store dolls. 

I also used to collect coco cola glass ware, which I still have a lot of. I don't have any dolls handy to take a picture of, but here's my cup cupboard.

IMG_2160.thumb.JPG.146325217e5c8cc833efb14c5fa1cad7.JPG

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

transformers (they're kind of all still in moving boxes at the moment)

My hubby also collects transformers (so by extension, I collect them :lol: ). His top three are Megatron, Soundwave, and Rodimus Prime. He prefers the more classic style and actively hates the bayformers (unless you're prepared to hear a long vicious rant involving time travel and the elimination of an entire family line, don't ask him what he thinks of Michael bay :rolleyes: ). 

What are your favorites?

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb. 11: Do you collect anything, (aside for minis of course)?  (Pictures welcome)

Not really. I have a few old odds and ends that are interesting but nothing specific. My games and minis take most of my spare cash and the stuff I'd really like is even more expensive.

• Like 8

I have a small collection of antique bladed weapons, mostly Middle-Eastern. I think the coolest piece is a Tibetan sword, with a carved silver scabbard. I haven't added to that collection in years, but I'd like to eventually.

I dunt really consider it a collection, as most of it is a business expense, but I have a large armory of weapons for stage use. Those get rented out to theaters locally and used during classes. A few are specifically for my personal use, though, so I suppose they count as a collection of sorts.

There are a few comic book series for which I collect the TPB editions. Right now I'm keeping up with several from Image:

Shutter

Lazarus

Deadly Class

And picking up a few manga piece by piece:

Lone Wolf and Cub

Battle Angel Alita

And I'm also gathering the collected Editions of Usagi Yojimbo, which is more Western comic than manga, but also totally not a Western comic.

I buy monthly comics to read, but I don't make any effort to archive most of them, so can't say I collect them.

• Like 13

Swords and other edged weapons.  My kids figure that I'm set for the the zombie apocolypse.  One is never more than 10 feet away from a sword in my home.

My best one is a Japanese saber from the Phillipines occupation in WWII.  It has a modified katana style blade (not folded and late war manufacture).  I got it for a song at an auction in the country because the auctioneer listed it as a chinese sword and the online crowd didn't look at it.  Had they done so, I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

I also have an indonesian kris punch dagger that I have dated to some time in the 1500's.  There are a lot of others as well.  My only rule for the collection is that they all must be real functioning swords and knives, not wall hangers.

• Like 14

Money, but somehow this doesn't go well with collecting minis.

I don't collect anything else anymore,

I used to collect Lp's then sold them all and collected CD's ( still have a few hundred) but nowadays I listen to youtube while painting.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Funko Pops, fantasy novels, and babywearing implements (wraps/carriers.)  I need a better way to display the Pops - some steps or something so they are easier to see in the back.  Also some of my Sailor Scouts are having trouble standing up, lol.

20190211_111706.jpg

20190211_111630.jpg

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Money, but somehow this doesn't go well with collecting minis.

I don't collect anything else anymore,

I used to collect Lp's then sold them all and collected CD's ( still have a few hundred) but nowadays I listen to youtube while painting.

Right,

I conveniently "forgot" my DVD collection of Fantasy and Vampire Series and Movies.

• Like 8

I used to collect anime and anime figures, but stopped years ago, mainly due to how expensive it was getting.

I do still pick up One Piece (both anime and manga versions) as it gets released in English, which I guess sorta counts?

• Like 10

Books, specifically Gold Medal crime novels. (both original and the reprints by Starkhouse and Hard Case Crime), knives and pellet guns. Recently I've also been gathering garden gnomes.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for, Sun., Feb. 10:

What websites (such as, but not limited to, social media) do you actively avoid at all costs?

Anything with more advertising than there is actual content. Double black marks is they try to blackmail you into paying to have those ads removed.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Right,

I conveniently "forgot" my DVD collection of Fantasy and Vampire Series and Movies.

Yeah, I forgot my horror movie collection too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

*looks around the apartment* A mess.

Also Buglips clones, though I suppose that's rolled into the first answer as well.

Seriously though, dice are a thing for me, as well as D&D 3.5 and Star Wars Saga Edition RPG books. Seems like I'm collecting a ton of 40k figures without time to paint them all. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2