Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Justin

Reaper Live Episode #017 - We answer a TON of questions

Liked the episode because of all the questions being answered.  There was just one missing.  Mine that I sent in early Jan.  I just knew it would be on there but by the end I was all sad.

47 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Liked the episode because of all the questions being answered.  There was just one missing.  Mine that I sent in early Jan.  I just knew it would be on there but by the end I was all sad.

The question of mine that they answered this episode was one I sent them on December 12th.

I think they get a lot of questions. Maybe they’ll get to yours in another episode.

Ahh didn't think they had that many since some people sounded like they had two questions being answered.  Not a biggie if it never gets answered but thought it was a good topic.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, NecroMancer said:

I won a Rock Troll from the Reaper Live last night :winkthumbs:

I sent Reaper an email with my address last Thursday night but haven't received a response :down:  I hope they didn't change their minds and decided my question wasn't good enough. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I sent Reaper an email with my address last Thursday night but haven't received a response :down:  I hope they didn't change their minds and decided my question wasn't good enough. 

I haven’t heard back about the troll that I won either.

@NecroMancer I’ve moved our posts to a more appropriate thread.

• Thanks 1

At about the 19:20 mark of ep 17, Stephen Hill asks a question, and I don't think Ed answered the question that was actually being asked:

It seemed to me like Stephen was asking if Reaper would consider doing a line of mini paints that were pure pigment kind of like the existing Reaper MSP clears are.   That is, paints for miniature painting, aimed at mini painters, but more suited to artists who are very comfortable with color theory and mixing paints, such as @Pingo or @CashWiley  Pigments like Burnt Umber, Pthalo Blue and Cadmium Red. 

Ed answered the question as if Stephen was asking if Reaper would ever put out a line of paints to compete with the likes of Liquitex or Windsor & Newton. 

So did I misinterpret Stephen's question, or did Ed? 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 1

How about printing the Munsell number on the label, if you want to at least help understand the line better and make communication about color much clearer.

Munsell is a notation for a color based on hue, value, and color (HVC). So an average skin tone might be 5YR 4/3 (5YR= middle yellow/red, 4= middle value, 3= pretty desaturated).

@kristof65 That would be my question, and you have it right, Ed misunderstood.  He started off like he was going to answer it with the "people just want to paint and don't want to get into color theory" and then diverged into the part about the industry being well served.  Artists acrylics are well served, but I did mean Miniature paints, but with artists colors.

Edited by Cygnwulf

7 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

@kristof65 That would be my question, and you have it right, Ed misunderstood.   I learned with classical oils and watercolors originally, using colors like Pthalo blue or Burnt umber and knowing that while two pigments might have very similar hues they could have very different behaviors when mixed. 

I thought I caught that right - it's exactly the sort of question my dad would ask (he's a classical oil painter)

Well hopefully @Reaper Justin will bring that Ed's or Anne's attention, and they'll consider the idea. 

Are these not actually streamed? 

We had been planning to watch it on twitch, but nothing was streaming. So I looked around and just saw the new video pop up on YouTube... 

57 minutes ago, Marineal said:

Are these not actually streamed? 

We had been planning to watch it on twitch, but nothing was streaming. So I looked around and just saw the new video pop up on YouTube... 

I think they streamed one episode but in general no.

• Thanks 1

They seem to be premiered...  Which means they're pre-recorded and uploaded a day or two in advance, and then held off for a specific launch timeframe.  Lately it seems YouTube is giving two day windows for such (aka you upload Tuesday, and it can premiere Thursday)

• Thanks 1