Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

Terrain items

I'm terrible at sculpting; I would like to know if there is any company making terrain elements - mainly vegetation -, plastic or resin, like those from GW https://www.games-workshop.com/en-FI/Barbed-Bracken-2017 

I prefer that kind of stuff since I can paint it the way I need, better than, let's say, Army Painter's tufts. It could be anything from small twisted trees like some Reaper has on its catalogue to jungle plants. Any advice?

• Like 1

I have found many interesting things like that in the fish tank décor sections of pet supply stores.

• Like 4

±1 to aquarium plants. They are generally waaaaay too big to be truly in scale with our figures, but if you're looking for scatter terrain rather than stuff to put on figure bases, they work a treat. There are some that are smaller, though, too, so worth looking for.

Also, scale modelers in both the railroad and military realms often use brass photo-etched plants. A quick Google search for "photo etched scale plants" should start you in the right direction. If you have a local railroad modeling shop, they should have a selection handy.

• Like 1

Another place to look in addition to the aquarium plants is the artificial flower and greenery aisles in your local craft store.

The stuff seen here is mainly a mix of aquarium plants, artificial greens from the craft store, and model railroad palm trees.

FD9D4565-F34E-40F5-AF43-ADC59F10F3D3.jpeg

• Like 6

The educational toy  section in any remaining toy stores will often have desert trees, cacti, and etc.

I was able to get some palm trees from a party store - when they were having a Hawaiian party sale.

And... on a more stupid version - one of the players in my old WH40K group had a table covered with plastic pot plants. There was even one scenario we played as a lark - where my Dark Angels were trying to flame the entire field, while the Orks were trying to rescue the weed.... <_<

Hey, I did warn you about the stupid. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 3