ManvsMini

Reaper Karaoke Cafe: What do you sing?

*A brief search led me to believe this topic hadn't been tackled yet, and it didn't seem to fit in the Reaper Radio. So a new thread!

Ok everyone, here's the hypothetical: Reaper's invited everyone on the forums to a massive happy hour in Denton, TX. Maybe it's ReaperCon, maybe it's celebrating the end of Bones fulfillment: you pick the occasion. It's a celebration. Your favorite beverage of choice is there, the DJ is on fire, the entire atmosphere is appealing to everyone (I said hypothetical, didn't I?), they've spared no expense. Ed, Ron, Bryan, Anne, Michael, everyone at Reaper is there having a good time. Then the lights dim. The spotlight hits the stage, and your name is called. It's karaoke time, and you're up. Queue the music and get your pitch-pipe.

The question is simple: with which song do you choose to entertain us?

We don't care if you can sing or not. We're all friends, we're not judging. Just show us what you got!

*Do keep in mind all forum rules when posting your title, in the event your song title contains certain words. Might want to pick another one in that case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Due to my painfully bad singing voice I would choose something that involves no actual singing.

When people are silly enough to corner me into performing I usually do my version of Peter Sellars "Hard Days Night": 

http://www.openculture.com/2016/03/peter-sellers-recites-the-beatles-a-hard-days-night-in-the-style-of-laurence-oliviers-richard-iii.html

• Like 5

I do not sing in public, unless significantly intoxicated and my voice is drowned out by the people around me. 

I will however lead a horde of the undead by yelling "Infect! Consume! Destroy!" from the top of a picnic bench. There was a video of that online somewhere, at one point. Heh. 

I found the video of me on the bench screaming "What do we want?! BRAINS! When do we want it?! BRAINS!" before a mission. Didn't find the chant in that one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

"Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night.  Gotta love the bulfrog!  Of course that choice is for if I have had enough Scotch/Tequilla.  If not, I'd go with "Hallelujah" for which my voice is actually quite suited.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hybrid, "Light Up"

"They say that they're right but they're wrong // They say you're weak but you're strong // You can't let them silence your song // You light up the stars and the sun"

Upbeat, subversive, hopepunk.  Easily my favorite song of 2018 and possibly one of my favorite songs of all time.

Although, with my singing, maybe Kate Bush's "Experiment IV" would be more appropriate.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I do not sing in public, unless significantly intoxicated and my voice is drowned out by the people around me. 

Well, in this hypothetical, your favorite beverage IS on hand; favorites are hard to resist, so there is a distinct possibility this requirement is met...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I will however lead a horde of the undead by yelling "Infect! Consume! Destroy!" from the top of a picnic bench. There was a video of that online somewhere, at one point. Heh. 

I found the video of me on the bench screaming "What do we want?! BRAINS! When do we want it?! BRAINS!" before a mission. Didn't find the chant in that one. 

Yes!  There are few tunes as intoxicating as necromancy ballad!

For my song of choice would probably be something by Marcel Marceau :B):

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

You'd hear the all too mind numbing start of "Let it go" But I'll completely ignore the lyrics on screen and sing the Star Wars parody "let it flow" instead.

• Like 5

I would sing Aerosmith - Dream On and as an encore Motörhead - In the Name of Tragedy.

Give me enough whiskey and I will sing the entire ouvre of Motörhead and Kiss.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1